Friday, July 15, 2011

PDCC #90 Eggplant, fuschia, orangesicle

Hello, all! So, I posted about PDCC #89 earlier, and here is my submission for PDC #90 (ON TIME this time...). I had a blast with this color combo! The first thought was to do a birthday card, but when I got to looking at all my dry embossing folders and saw the spider web from SU!, I just knew this color combo screamed Halloween at me! So here is the Halloween card I came up with:


After I made that card, I found some paper elements that I had thrown aside and thought I'd never use. And they had the purples in them from this challenge! It was fate! I also found my crystal effects from SU! and felt I needed to use them. Here is the result:


I used the crystal effects on the butterfly and the little heart on the word love. It took a while for them to dry, but I think it was TOTALLY worth it! Oh, and I HAD to make the inside pretty, too! So here's the inside:


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're inspired to create something with this color scheme today! Happy stamping!!!!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

great cards. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Judy

Sally said...

Hi Mynnette, thanx for stopping by my blog & for your lovely comment. I've just had a look at your LIM card set & love that snowman! The spiderweb card is so unusual & has a great sentiment.
Sally x

Mynn xx said...

Thank you ladies! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jaclyn Miller said...

So pretty! I love how you've used the crystal effects for a bit of dimension. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.