Saturday, January 7, 2012

52 CCT Sketch Challenge #1

Good morning, blogging friends! I'm here to show you the card I've made using the sketch over at my new co-authored challenge blog, 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown! :) I am authoring this month, so you'll have to put up with my ramblings for four weeks--sorry! ;D

Just so you know, we're on a rotating schedule--1st week sketch, 2nd week color challenge, 3rd week theme, 4th week embellishments, and if there's a 5th week it's ANYTHING GOES! :)

Here's the sketch we're using this week~

And my first card~

And details~



I LOVE using this holly stamp to paper piece with--and I have this perfect fern paper for the leaves that I've used a couple of times. LOVE it each time I do it!!! What do you think? I have a friend who has someone each year that she gives a Holly Jolly card to, and so this is the one for 2012--look how ahead I am! ;) OH, and this is the first card that I used my Big Shot and Nestabilities dies to make!!! Merry Christmas to ME! :)

Here's my second card~

Details~



This one is fun because I decided to free cut the sentiment out--and it actually looks decent! :) I added some rhinestones for bling again, and used a pennant for my side panel instead of just some paper strips.

I hope you'll come play along with us--it's so much fun and you'll definitely be ready for Christmas card sending if you do! Don't forget to pop on over to Jacqueline's blog to see her creation and say hi to her, too! Merry stamping! :)

6 comments:

craftymum said...

Hi Mynnette

your cards are really lovely. Thank you for your sweets comments on my blog

Yes I will ship internationally. Over this next week I will photo my craft items I am selling and put the pics on my blog with the price and UK postage. If there is anything you like just let me know and I will then find out the international postage. i have lots of punches stamps etc for sale.

I hope you will see something you like. I also have some brand new items on my Etsy shop and will be adding more new items there too. The shop is www.etsy.com. sarahwrightdesigns

hugs Sarah x

Esther Asbury said...

Love your cards -- especially the one where you used rhinestones for "o's!"

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards Mynnette - all your details are fabulous - Jacqueline xx

An Occasional Genius said...

2 great card Mynette! Love the sketch & I've got everything ready to create but keep getting sidetracked! xx

Deborah Frings said...

Super cards - both so different, yet so festive!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Two fabulous cards Mynette,I love the 'Holly Jolly' one.
A great sketch and a great challenge blog. I dont have a blog but am joining in at home, and enjoying new ideas and challenges.
Love Sheila x