Saturday, January 14, 2012

Inspiration Board

Well, I've stumbled upon another challenge...because I have fabulous blog friends who share information like that with me (THANK YOU, Katy of I like to cut and paste!)!!! :) This blog is called LESSology. The theory behind it is to upcycle items and make them into something else. Altering garbage. ;) You know! SOOOOO fun, SOOOOO time consuming, SOOOOO rewarding!!! So, I'll try to participate every once in a while!

The challenge they have for us right now is Inspiration Board. They want you to upcycle something and make it into something that helps you be inspired and be organized. WOW. So, I went shopping. In my junk room!!!

Here's what I found~

And here's what I made it into~

Details~







Okay, so I'm seriously wondering what you all think? It took me about 2 hours to make, and I am really happy and proud about it! I started by painting the tray with a shimmery champagne craft paint, then added the background papers (scraps from other projects), and added all the elements!

The little memo pad is gonna be used to write who I feel INSPIRED to send a card/project to that week, and the scriptures and words are there to remind me of what's important. :) Oh, and yes, I did make those flowers by hand. I've loved to make them, but haven't in a while, so today was the day to start again!!! :) The little Valentines are from a swap years ago from sweet and dear friends--reminders to give and share our talents with others!

Thank you SOOOOO much for stopping by to take a peek at my little project! I hope YOU'RE INSPIRED to come and play along at LESSology! Happy crafting!!!

14 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

How very, very pretty!

SandeeNC said...

This is awesome, and in 2 hours!! wow!

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like a fun challenge! ANd wow you got all of that dine pretty quickly! Great idea to have the littl enote pad in it and the sweet words to live by! Take care and God Bless my friend!

craftymum said...

this is amazing
hugs sarah x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

We are glad you found us too, your project is beautiful and inspiring, thanks for playing along with us at LESSology, and hope to see you soon in our future challenges! : )

Katy said...

Yay Mynette!! I'm so glad you checked them out! And AWESOME is this! This is so cool! I love everything about it! Those flowers rock!

Heather Jacob said...

fantabulous ... sooooooo creative and awesome.. love it all ... hugz x

~amy~ said...

Genius. I love what you've done with that tray!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at LESSology!

Anonymous said...

This is really cleaver Mynette! It looks a bit like a dolls house too. Love your flowers!
Pearl x

Linda said...

Great project! I love what you used as your base. Love all the elements. Thanks for joining us at LESSology this week with your wonderful creations.

Linda said...

Wonderful creations. I love the tray that you used. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at LESSology this week with your wonderful creations.

Dora said...

This is beautiful thanks for playing!

Audrey Pettit said...

How very, very cool! Such a fabulous transformation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at LESSology. :)

Katy said...

Congrats Mynette!! :) This is an awesome piece!! Yay!! :)