Monday, January 16, 2012

Make My Monday: Create A Scene!

Hello, friends! We've got a fabulous challenge for you over at Make My Monday this week! The monthly theme is nature and this week we're asking you to "Create a Scene"!

Here's my card~

Some details~


I had much fun and enjoyment making this card! I went for some soft and subtle colors as I'm in a springtime mood. :) I stamped the different plant images, masked off a circle for the white "sun" and sponged a blue sky, and then dry embossed the panel. I adhered it to the card and added the sentiment, butterfly, and ribbon. Just a tip--make sure to stamp your images lightest to darkest so your lighter inks don't get dark ink on them...

I hope you'll come and try to play along--and please take a peek over at the other DT's creations--you will be happy you did! Happy stamping!!!

Submitting this card into the first ever Craft a Scene~Anything Goes challenge! :)

12 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Mynette, what a gorgeous card and such a pretty scene you have created, love the soft spring colours and your fantastic stamping.

Marie

Lisa Elton said...

FANTASTIC job on this little flower garden Mynnette! The texture gives nice added depth! PRETTY ;)

Stephlee1227 said...

So cute! I love how the butterfly pops out a little! Great job! You are so creative! I wish I had the time to make cards like you do!

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a lovely card such a pretty scene.

Val said...

This is beautiful. I was wondering what you had done to get the textured background.
Hugs
Valxx

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is so pretty! I love the subtle coloring! The layout is perfect for the images. Wishing you a happy week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Vicky Hayes said...

I love LOVE LOVE this Mynnette! Using the Square Lattice embossing folder makes your scene look almost embroidered! What a great card! Vicky x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Your scene is so very gorgeous! I admire the way you stamp onto such heavily textured card!

Suzi B said...

I love the soft colours on this scene.... so right for your spring time mood.
Suzi B xx

NancyD said...

Beautiful little scene and I love that embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Sheree said...

So pretty! Love the embossing folder!
Thanks for playing along with us at Craft A Scene!
Sheree

stampinganja said...

Beautiful, love the soft colours and the embossing effect, thanks for sharing, Anja