Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bird of Encouragement


Hello, friends!  I'm here today with a TWEET card that I made for a friend going through a bit of a hard time.  Her daughter is entering the army, and she's sad to have her leaving for basic training.  I decided to go with patriotic colors because I felt it was fitting.  Come and take a peek!


This card was made with the fabulous Playful Stand-Ups Die Set and Sky cardstock from The Stamps of Life.  The patterned paper is from the Happy Collection Patterned Paper Pad, the dies are from the Triplits Spring Bird set.  The bird shadow die is cut out of Strawberry cardstock.  The stamped sentiments are from the chalksayings2stamp set and I think they are perfect for this occasion.  I've stamped them in Strawberry ink onto Powdered Sugar card.



I hope this will cheer my friend up and brighten her day.  I did add a personal note on the inside before mailing. :)  What do you think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


I'm entering this card into the following challenges~




Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek!  I hope you take some time to join in the fun with these fabulous challenges!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, dear friends! :)

 photo Sigcopy.png

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky friend to have a friend like you! Your card is so cheery!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card to send to your friend - the sentiment is perfect Mynn :-)

jasann said...

This is a lovely card, and I am sure it will cheer your friend up!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Michelle said...

Great card, Mynn. I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

VanessaB said...

awesome!! :)

G Eileen Studios said...

Fun card, Mynn! I love all the textures and patterns. Thanks for sharing it on the Color Dare.

Donna said...

What a fun & cheerful card. I love the shape of it & all the fun details. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Cazro said...

A super card, to help a friend to smile. Hope your well and happy Mynn. So pleased you shared with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

sarahstone said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to join us at the Color Dare. You really did a great job with these challenging colors. I love the pieced die cuts especially. Thanks for playing along!

Sarah

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our "Things With Wings" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x