Friday, May 1, 2015

House of Cards: Bokeh Technique


Hi, friends!  I'm back with a card for this month's challenge at House of Cards--bokeh!  If you've never tried this, you totally should!  I LOVE it.  My first card (the one in this post) didn't turn out as nicely as I would have liked, but I'll be back throughout the month with other cards I made using this fun technique!  Come and take a peek at my card today...


This background was created with Faber Castell ink and a watercolor pen.  I then daubed the background with white ink and even some Wink of Stella pen.



The sentiment I used is from The Stamps of Life, from the upliftingwords2hear stamp set.  I layered my panel onto some Licorice cardstock to help the colors POP more, and added some sequins.


I then added my panel onto a card base that had been prepped with come paper from the Love Story Collection Patterned Paper Pad.  The base was made from Gingersnap cardstock.  I do like this, what do you think?  I'd love to hear in the comments below!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you come and join us at House of Cards this month, and stay tuned because I'll be back during the month with two other cards I made using this fun technique!  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping! :)

 photo Sigcopy.png

11 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous background Mynn.

Andrea W said...

Fun technique Mynn! I'll definitely have to give this a try. I love the sentiment and sequins. Very pretty!

Merethe A said...

Hi Mynn. I almost forget you everytime since you link is above the cards and not in the list Hehehe.
This bokeh effect has been fun and I realized I have used it before together with stamped images I have colored and then used this to make a back ground for the stamp. Your cards are lovely and that sentiment is stunning.

Fun to see what you other girls have made.

Ma (✿*‿*) HOC DT
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Donna said...

Mynn, this card and the ones on the HOC blog are gorgeous, like the colors and designs of all of them. This has been the most fun blog hop, such variety on the technique and so much inspiration! Donna T. HOC DT

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Three awesome cards, but my two favorite are the two last ones with those delicious bright colors! This is going to be awesome - I love Bokeh!!!

Monika Reeck said...

You did different bokeh effect Mynn and I love this..look so soft and not much circle like I did...also I want to say different and dont tell this is not nice..this is NICE And SOFT Mynn..love the sentiment and the add of the sequin...As Always I love your photograph of your Cards Mynn..See you maybe soon on my Bokeh Effect card Mynn..always happy to see your visit..
hugs, Monika (HOC DT)

Rosmarie said...

On kraft again! Here I love the contrast between the bold chevrons and the soft bokeh! I also love the two other cards you show on the challenge blog - they are all fabulous Mynn!!
Hugs, Rosi

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the sequins!!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Mynn! Fabulous background and I love the added sequins! Love the other two cards on the HOC blog, wonderful sentiments on all!
Big hugs, Tammy

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, i love the soft colours in this one along with the sequins and your other cards showcased on the challenge blog are also fabulous! such a fun technique!
linda
HOC teamie

Manuela said...

wonderful cards have you here and I love this technique, haven't tried it before!Thanks for the challenge!