Monday, August 10, 2015

Inspired By Stamping: "Dirty" Watercoloring


Hello, friends!  I'm back today with a card using an accidentally discovered technique and some gorgeous stamps from the Inspired By Stamping online store!  Check out my card...


This amazing sunflower image is from the French Country stamp set.  I stamped it onto white watercolor paper.  I wanted to start watercoloring it straight away, but I didn't leave enough time and the black ink started to just make everything gray.  I decided to embrace it, and thus "Dirty Watercoloring" was born in my mind!  

Here's how to get this effect: after creating the wash of gray over the entire image, wait for the image to dry, then add color over the top.  SUPER easy peasy, but so cool looking!  I think it looks a lot like a recolored black and white photo, don't you?  I love how the gray created an automatic shadow for the image, too!



The sentiment was stamped over the image and comes from the Big Wonderful stamp set.  I like how easy it is to make a customized sentiment with this set! I accented it with some faux stitching and a few rhinestones.  


Lastly, I layered my focal panel onto a card base that had been gussied up with patterned paper, cheesecloth, and netting.  I love the texture it added!  I hope you do, too!  Please leave me a comment below with your thoughts. :)


That's all for me today!  Make sure to hop over to the Inspired By Stamping online store to grab these fabulous products.  Also, don't forget to join in our monthly challenge, too!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project Supplies:
 

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, Mynn! Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

A happy mistake indeed!! I like the shabby look with all of the texture. Just terrific Mynn!

Taunya Butler said...

Totally in love with all the lovely things you gussied up this card with!! I simply adore the dirty watercoloring - looks so cool and that slight grey Shadow could not be any more perfect even if you tried for hours to achieve it!! You are a marvel and I admire you so much - wishing you a day filled with smiles and sunshine!!!