Thursday, April 30, 2015

Guest DT @ Red Rubber Designs: "S"


Hello, friends! I'm here today as a guest for Red Rubber Inspirationals, and I've got a fun challenge for you!  My theme is, "S". The challenge: To use something, ANYTHING, that starts with the letter "S" on your creation! Just make sure that at least one item on your card, scrapbook page, ATC, altered project, starts with "S" and you can link it up below! I've made two lovely cards for this challenge using some amazing products from the Red Rubber Designs store, come and see my first one...


This is an A2 card and the base was created with white cardstock and some weathered wood patterned paper.  The image and sentiment are from the Light the Path stamp set.  As you can see, I added STITCHING, a SEASHELL, and a SEA theme to satisfy my challenge parameters.




I just love this gorgeous set!  The sketchy style of the stamps is beautiful and perfect for all kinds of craft projects.  I chose to use red, white, blue, and black to keep with my sea/nautical theme.  I love the way this card turned out!


My next card is a little bit more SIMPLE in style. ;)  I kept it one layer with minimal embellishments this time.  Come and take a peek...


I used another A2 card base for this SIMPLE card, this time using kraft cardstock.  I stamped the SAILBOAT image and SCRIPTURE sentiments from the Peace Be Still stamp set in varying shades of brown to keep it mostly monochrome.  I added some SEQUINS, liquid pearls, twine, and a SHINY button from my stash to finish off this SEA themed card.




I really super like this card!  This fabulous image can be used for so many purposes, and especially wonderful for masculine cards.  I have a hard time with masculine cards, so any help I can get is perfect!  What do you think of these cards?  I'd love to hear in the comments below! :)


That's all for me today, friends!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope that you hop over to the Red Rubber Inspirational post and join in this current challenge!  I'll see you soon with more crafty goodness.  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)

 photo Sigcopy.png

4 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Both your cards are lovely, Mynn!!! I specially like the first one - what a lovely sentiment and the image is beautiful!!!! You've chosen the perfect paper for your bg and the faux stitching frames your image panel perfectly!!! The second card is equally beautiful - love the twine and stunning button and the blue sequins are lovely!!! Stunning masculine cards!!!!
Have a super day!!!
Hugz
PS. really enjoyed my visit to your blog!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and a beautiful card Mynn
Gr Karin

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Mynn, such a lovely distressed, vintage style on the first one and brilliant CAS design for the second.
Congratulations on your GDT spot.
Pauline
x

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting Mynn! A great pair of cards. I just love lighthouses!!