Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Inspired By Stamping: Seed Pack Shaker Cards


Hi, all!  I'm back with a fun card that uses gorgeous products from the Inspired By Stamping online store.  We are featuring our favorite techniques this week, and I chose to make a shaker card...with some faux stitching! :)  Come and take a look...


The shaker portion was made using stamps from the Garden Seed Packets stamp set.  I colored the image using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  The window was cut using the Fancy Labels 3 dies.  I think shaker cards are super fun, and this seed packet was screaming to be made into one!


I used a variety of patterned papers and some fun cotton ribbon to finish this card up.  The faux stitching was created with a fine tip Sharpie pen.  I just love faux stitching--it looks real most of the time, but without having to get a machine out. ;)


The inside of my shaker is filled with some fun, bright, springtime fresh sequins that match the colors of my patterned papers.  I think it's really enjoyable to choose a fun shaker filling!  This one was pre-made, luckily, so all the guess work was taken out of it and I could work on pairing all the patterns together.


I really like the way this turned out!  The colors are fresh and fun, and I actually really like the way I colored the flower. :)  What do you think?  I'd love to hear in the comments below!


I'm entering this card into these fabulous challenges~




That's all for me today!  Thank you so much for stopping by--your visits make my day!  I hope you grab all these goodies from the Inspired By Stamping store today!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)


14 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Mynn
Gr Karin

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful use of color on this card~ It jumped out at me from Bloglovin :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Mynn this is absolutely gorgeous! Loving the colours you have used, the shaker element and the beautiful flower - stunning!

Pia S said...

This is beautifully put together! A lovely combo of colors and patterns and I can't resist a shaker design! Great stitching too!

Glittered Paws said...

I love the way you colored the flowers too - and the sequins in the shaker are so sweet. Love everything about this card.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh look at all of those sweet polka dots and pretty sequins!! This is fabulous Mynn!!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what fantastic layering, Mynn!!! And the colours are so beautiful!!!! Oh, I love this card - it's so beautiful!!! Your faux stiching really add the perfect finishing touch and the ribbon and bow is lovely!!!!! Beautiful, my friend!!! Such a great idea to use the seed packet for the shaker!!! Beautifully done!!!! Absolutely love it!!!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Beautiful card. Stunning. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.
Hugs
Claudia
DT CCC

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wow, Mynn, what an absolutely gorgeous and super creative card! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

What a amazing and beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Colors Challenges. Good luck!!!!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Lovely image and card design too. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Colors Challenge. Agnieszka DT

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Beautiful card! Such lovely stamping. Thank you for joining us in our Creative Colors Challenge!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Such pretty colors and fun design, Mynn! Love the shaker. Thanks so much for joining our Flowers Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

lisa808 said...

Love your coloring of the flower. Fun shaker card and mix of patterns.