Friday, June 19, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas: Wreath


Hello, all!  It's time for another weekly challenge at CASE-ing Christmas!  This week, we are CASEing former DT member Ellen, and her card is just brilliant!  Come and look...


I LOVED the white embossing on dark card, so that was the element I decided to use on my CASE card.  Come see my take...


I went for more traditional colors on top of a kraft base.  The wreath image, from a retired Close To My Heart set, was heat embossed in white onto Fairway Stardream Metallic Cardstock from CutCardStock. I used a Sakura glitter gel pen to color in the berries and give more shine and sparkle.



The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps and was heat embossed onto the card base using glittery red embossing powder from Sweet Stamps.  I love this beautiful sentiment!


The last step was to add some ribbon to the top of the card.  I felt it was needed to balance everything, especially the colors. :)  I really love the way this turned out, and I hope you do, as well!  Please let me know what you think in the comments below! :)


Thank you so much for stopping by, friends!  I hope you come and join us at CASE-ing Christmas this week--I can't wait to see what you create using the CASE card as your guide!  HUGS and MERRY stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

7 comments:

Petra Swart said...

What a beautiful wreath, Mynn, and the red berries look stunning!!! I love the kraft base and the red ribbon at the top really looks great!! A beautiful X-mas card!!!
Hugz

StephC said...

Beautifully done! Love the gorgeous wreath. Fantastic take on Ellen's card my friend! :)

Judy V said...

Beautiful Mynn! Love the white embossed wreath! Great CASE of Ellen's card!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Mynn
Gr Karin

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this wreath!! This is a wonderful holiday card Mynn. The ribbon at the top is a pretty finishing touch!

Megan J said...

Hi Mynn, I love your card this week! Simply gorgeous, have a great weekend...Megan

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Mynn. I love all the heat embossing on your card! How neat to color the berries over the embossing. Have a great day.