Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Paper Sweeties July Inspiration Challenge #33 - Red, White & Blue


Hi, SWEETIES!  I am here today to share a card for the July Paper Sweeties challenge!  Our inspiration is so fun, I hope you like it and play along!  Take a peek...


SO fun--and perfect for July here in the USA!  I decided to go with the colors and stripes/star motifs, but my card isn't necessarily patriotic.  Take a peek at my creation...


I used the hot air ballon from the new Let's Go To The Beach stamp set.  I heat embossed it in clear, then watercolored with red and blue inks.  It was die cut with the new Let's Go To The Beach Sweet Cuts dies.


I created the background by using a technique that I call "Ink 'n' Emboss".  I've got a tutorial on it HERE, or watch below.  I added some washi tape and some clouds from the Let's Go To The Beach stamp set that were also cut with the Let's Go To The Beach Sweet Cuts dies.


The sentiment is from the new Surf's Up stamp set.  I created a "cloud" by tearing some white card, then stamping the sentiment in blue ink.


Some Marshmallow sequins were added as a finishing touch.  I like all the different textures on this card, and it was so fun to make!  I hope you like it, too!  I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


As promised, the tutorial video on the background.~

That's all for me today!  I'll be back later this month with some creation using the July release, so stay tuned!  For more inspiration for the challenge, make sure to visit the other gals on the DT, as well.

Here's the hop list~

Debbie Marcinkiewicz– Paper Sweeties
July Guest Designer:  Lin Brandyberry

HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

8 comments:

Maria said...

Awesome card with the hot air balloon! Such a fab patriotic card with all the red, white, and blue! And, great tutorial!:-)

Karen Oliver said...

Oh I love this. That balloon is just great. The background looks so dimensional. What a great technique thanks for the video.

Jill Norwood said...

Mynn you are so good at the videos!!! I had to shoot my last one 4 times and by the 4th time I was spent!!! Should have re-shot the next day when I was fresh! Lol! Your tutorial is wonderful! I am going to try it tomorrow for fun! Love your card! That balloon is adorable!!!! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

SUPER FUN Card!!I LOVE that you used the Hot Air Balloon!! THANKS for sharing the Tutorial and I hope you have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So GORGEOUS! LOVING that balloon!!!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a gorgeous card Mynn
Gr Karin

Debbie said...

Oh my word! This is such a beautiful card, Mynn! Love all the textures and mixy matchy patterns! Just wonderful :)

Cheryl said...

Another stunning card, Mynn! I LOVE the torn paper for the sentiment and the watercolored balloon. Thanks for the video tutorial. Your red and white stripes turned out beautiful.