Thursday, December 4, 2014

Great Impressions: Guess The Carol + Christmas Tag


Hello, blogging pals!  How's your December going?!  I hope it's off to a great start!  Speaking of great start--did you know that we are playing name the carol over on the Great Impressions blog?!  The person who can guess all of the carols correctly and leaves comments each day on the Great Impressions blog will win a prize!  So, make sure to take a peek over there and leave comments!  Now, come take a peek at my tag...



Nope, no clues.  The tag kinda speaks for itself and my carol should be totally apparent!  Now I'll tell you how I made the tag.  First, I heat embossed H190 Vintage Holly Branches in gold on white cardstock.  I then used a watercolor pen and colored the image and created a background.  

I then added some glossy accents to the berries to make them seem shiny.  I added a button and some twine to the top to anchor the image to the top of the tag.  I also added a few rhinestones for some added sparkle.


Next, I head embossed C427 Seasons Greetings in gold onto some red cardstock.  I cut it into a strip and then I added it to the tag with some dimensional foam to add depth.  The red and gold look so elegant and really match this fabulous image!


I then layered these two pieces onto a red mat.  The final product looks better in real life.  The gold embossing is really hard to photograph!


Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation!  Hop over to the Great Impressions blog for more inspiration and to leave comments on the other tags and come play along with our monthly challenge, too!  If you use stamps from Great Impressions, you'll be able to link up your creation in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so beautifully festive Mynn. Loving the traditional colours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous tag Mynn
Gr Karin

Lisa Elton said...

VERY pretty Mynn!

Fabiola said...

magnifique Mynnette, très élégant, chic et classe, biz

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage
elma

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the gold embossing and inking!! Truly BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge!

d said...

Beautiful embossing and all over lovely tag design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

Anonymous said...

Hello , A beautiful Tag. Love the holly and the little gems. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Teighan DT

Shona Hamill said...

Gorgeous tag. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week. Shona xx

Meggi Bischoff said...

Beautiful Projekt.

Thank you for joining with the challenge from It´s all abaout the Vintage and good luck.

gr. Meggi

MinnaL said...

Beautiful tag! Thanks for joining us at Vintage and Beauty :D

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous tag Mynn, love the gold embossing. Congrats on winning with this over at Crafty Little Fairies. Hugs, Wends xxx