Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Welcome Home!


Hello again, friends!  I hope your holiday season is going well--MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!  I've got another banner to share with you today as well as another piece of artwork with the same "theme".  My sister recently returned home from an 18 month mission in Brazil and so, of course, I had to make some fun banners, etc., to welcome her home!  Come see the banner...


My sister love bright colors, so that was my starting point.  I die cut some Smoky Slate cardstock and patterned papers from my scrap drawer using Stampin' Up! banner dies.  I then layered these together and put them in a pattern-ish.  I added flowers held together with Stampin' Up! brads from my stash to the "space" banners, you know, where there should be a space between words?



The words were created by cutting out letters with my Silhouette.  The letters are cut out of Basic Gray cardstock and layered onto punched circles of Basic Black cardstock.  These are added to the banners, but first washi tape was layered to create an artsy feel.  



The pieces were all punched and then reinforced with colorful hole reinforcers from my stash.  The banner was tied together with green, yellow, and white baker's twine also from my stash.  The sentiment is "Love you Abbie".  Abbie is my sister's name. ;)




After I finished the banner, I looked at the paper that the letters were cut out of and I couldn't bring myself to throw it away.  Instead, I used the scraps of patterned paper from the banner and washi tape to create a fun framed piece of art that matches the banner.  The wood frame was covered with washi tape to make it a bit more whimsical.  Sequins were used for the "holes" in the letters and for a bit of embellishment.


Thank you for stopping by today and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE to you all!  I hope you spend the next few days surrounded by loved ones and that, if you have time, you join in the fun with the challenges I'm linking with.  HUGS and MERRY crafting to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

For these fabulous challenge~


(To Die For)



5 comments:

kReN said...

Oh, Mynn. I just love your banners! They are so festive! My Silhouette is on its way to me as my Christmas gift to myself so I am happy to see how you used it. Merry, merry, and a ho, ho, ho!
kReN

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Mynn
Gr Karin

Roxie said...

Such a nice anything but card project, the banners are so creative. Thanks for joining in on the SweetStamps challenge

Janis Lewis said...

Love your banner. Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
~Janis, PDE Linky Party owner
Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

Clarissa Schupp said...

WOW! Really, really coool Banner, thank you so much for sharing this work with us at TTT.
hugs Clarissa