Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My 5 Favorite Christmas Cards of 2014


Hi, friends!  I'm sure lots of you know about Debby's challenge to choose your top 5 favorite Christmas cards from 2014.  I've been hemming and hawing over which ones I'd choose.  My dear hubby helped me in the end.  It was tragic. ;)  Anyway, I have them here for you from newest/most recently posted to oldest/least recently posted.  Let's go!

First up: Warmth & Love

This card is one of my favorites mainly because of how simple it was to make yet how elegant it looks.  This is one that, should I go that route, I could make 50 of very quickly and easily.  But I don't do that, so this will remain one of a kind. ;)


This card turned out much better than I anticipated that it would.  I was so excited with the final product!  The blackboard effect turned out beautifully and I love how the black makes the other traditional Christmas colors POP!

Third up: Christmas Swag

This card was fun to make.  I used a wreath building set from Inspired By Stamping to create the swag using generational stamping.  I was worried my idea wouldn't translate to the card, but it did! :)

Fourth up: Merry & Bright

This card was fun to make.  It was for a color challenge and I used non-Christmas stamps to create the blooms.  I love the way the layered colors and metallics layered together.  I think it definitely looks like a Christmas card even though the flowers are non-Christmas!


This card is one that totally took a lot of brain power to figure out.  Not that the design is so hard, but the challenge was definitely...challenging. ;)  We were to use metallic card and I do not own any. (I know, buy some already...)  I kept thinking of ways to get around this, when some fun metallic tissue paper caught my eye.  HOORAY!  It worked beautifully!


That's all for me right now!  I hope you join the fun with this link up and that if you do your favorite Christmas cards or even a yearly highlight that you link it up HERE with me, too!  HUGS and happy new year stamping! :)

 photo Sigcopy.png

6 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

What beauties Mynn. Thanks for sharing. happy new year.

Desire Fourie said...

Mynn this is a stunning series of Christmas designs and such a wonderful reflection of your awesome creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing them. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful selection of Christmas cards
Carol x

Kathyk said...

Great makes and I'm sure the recipients of these lovely cards really appreciated them too

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Kathyk

Danielle Vincent said...

I've always admired your amazing style Mynn and these 5 cards are totally representative of that! Gorgeous makes friend. Hugs D

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous selection of cards.
Thank you for joining in with my Favourite Five Christmas Cards of 2014.
luv
Debby