Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Paper Sweeties January Inspiration Challenge #27 - 'Winter Wishes'


Hello, everyone!  Happy almost New Year to those of you in the Midwest and further west of the IDL like me and Happy DEFINITE New Year to everyone else!  I'm here to share a card for January's monthly challenge at Paper Sweeties!  We've got such a fun theme...


Isn't that a sweet inspiration?!  I LOVED the banner, so I knew I'd have to copy that somehow.  I also loved the colors, so I used a few of them as well.  Here's what I came up with...


I started by die cutting the banner pieces out of specialty paper using the Sweet Cuts - Fun Shapes die set.  I then stamped each piece with the small snowflake from the Holly Days stamp set in a dark blue ink.  Rhinestones added a bit of glimmer to the banner as did the crystal buttons that I used to "connect" the banner pieces.


Next I turned to the sentiment.  I chose one from the I Love You stamp set because it went with the winter wishes theme.  At least, I feel that it does!  The sentiment was stamped onto the same specialty paper with the same ink as the banner pieces.


I then layered everything together onto a card base made using some patterned paper and a doily.  Some more bits and bobs were added to fill everything in and I really love the final product!  It seems all soft and wintry!


That's all for now!  I'll be back soon with more posts for the January Paper Sweeties release, but for now, take a peek at the other inspiration from the other wonderful gals from the Paper Sweeties design team!

Here's the list to follow~

January Guest Designer:  Beth Johnson

For even MORE inspiration, check out the Paper Sweeties YouTube channel!

Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

11 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

I love your banner Mynn.

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Mynn!!!! Happy New Year!!

Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mynn! Love the snowflake banner and all the trims...so pretty! Happy New Year!

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Mynn this is just so beautiful. Just adore the way you used the twine and the bunting is pure festive delight. Wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING that banner!!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous! LOVE this!!!!!
Hope you have a Happy 2015!

Jill Norwood said...

Mynn this is so beautiful! Love the sparkle from the buttons and gems! Such a pretty banner! Happy New Year!

Debbie said...

WOW ... this card is so sparkly and beautiful! You've hit a home run, Mynn -- LOVE it all!

Fabiola said...

super sympa Mynnette! biz

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! This is AWESOME!! ;) I LOVE that banner and allege entire design of this card!! ;) THANKS for sharing and sorry for the late comment, I have been sick!! :( Have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

Taunya Butler said...

This is so awesome and I love seeing how you meet challenges head on and come up with such original looking cards!! You are so talented and have such great gifts!! Love seeing your creations especially your take on new challenge photos and colors!! Way to go - you are incredible!!