Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just Us Girls #95 Fabric


Wow. This was really tough for me! The challenge (here) this week at Just Us Girls was to create a card with fabric on it. RIBBON DIDN'T COUNT. EEK! I was IN TROUBLE!

I really put this off until the last minute, hoping that I would somehow be inspired just by thinking about fabric. Then I remembered a sweet gift from a friend who wanted me to get into quilting--beautiful, colorful quilt squares that, I have to admit, I'll never use. So, this is what I came up with from those quilt squares:

A quilt card! It was very time consuming, but I am pleased with the result. Thank you for the challenge, ladies! It got me out of my comfort zone and helped to inspire my stamping day! PLUS, I got to use something that had been sitting in my house for literally years. No joke.

Anyway, I hope my little faux quilting experience inspires you to create something out of your comfort zone today! Happy crafting!

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

CUTE! Reminds me of a quilt my great grandma made - wish I still had it!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, Shore Girl! :)

Lisa Kind said...

So glad we could take you out of your comfort zone and get your creative juices flowing! This is very pretty! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

Sofie V said...

This card is very pretty Mynnette! You see you can make pretty things when you'r out of your comfort zone.

Greetings Sofieke

Elise said...

I had to double click in to drink the details up - YUM! What a wonderful creation! I'm a little late, but still thrilled to see you and your talent, all mingled up with Just Us Girls! Yipeeee!

Mynn xx said...

Thank you ladies! You rock!