Tuesday, August 30, 2011

COLOR THROWDOWN!: So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake

I do not know why I haven't ever heard of Color Throwdown...but I'm glad I found then thanks to another blogger! What a fabulous color challenge blog! Here were this week's challenge colors:

Aren't they great? Yellow and purple are my two favorite colors and crumb cake is my favorite neutral at moment, so this color scheme was perfect for me!

Here is my submission~

I started with perfect plum as my base and then I dry embossed the card base for extra texture. I stamped my flowers onto my panel, layered it onto so saffron and then added the sentiment on crumb cake. It needed something extra, so out came my bling--ribbon, pearls and 3D stickers. :)

Here's a close up of the sentiment--it's so cute~

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you like what you see, and I hope you take the chance to create something that will make someone smile today! :) Happy crafting!

Also linking to Faith Artistry. :)

4 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Love the sentiment! Great card design and color combinatiion! Best, Yvonne

Basement Stamper said...

super cute, love the sentiment in the oval with the stamped backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, love the added texture! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks so much, ladies! :O)