Wednesday, August 31, 2011

O is for Ostrich


Hello, and welcome once again, dear friends, to my blogging for comments portion of the evening! ;D Not really, I'm just tired and goofy! It has been quite a while since there has been a challenge on Wee Memories, so I decided tonight that I NEEDED to do this challenge--#65 Back to School!

This was an awesome challenge--I used a stamp set I've intended to take to school and actually use, but never have...

Here's the card's story:

I work for the school district here. I know that school has just started, but you have to understand that an educator's job is hard and compliments are ever harder to come by. I personally know how helpful it can be to just get a smile from a co-worker, let alone an actual, "Well done!" That's why I made this card. I can use it to give to a co-worker I notice may need a pick me up! And because of the simplicity of the design, I can replicate it quickly! :) So, I am gonna make a stash of them...soon...hopefully! If not, I will make little bookmarks. ;D

(PS: I LOVE my co-workers and we try to create a very positive environment and we do succeed most of the time! Life just kinda gets you down sometimes when it's been a bad week, etc.)

I wanted to keep the color palette whimsical and basic, because I work at an elementary school...so I kept to bold basic colors--blue, red, green and black. I call this card "O is for Ostrich" because...there's an image...of an ostrich...on it. It was nice that the bird was an ostrich because I only had to color in the beak...there's the lazy side of me comin' out! ;D

But enough words...without further ado...THE CARD~

And THE DETAIL~

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you take the time today to say "great job!" to someone who you work with or someone who has taught you today!!! Happy stamping!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

love your blog. boy you are a busy girl!!! Love all teh cards.

Unknown said...

unknown is jeni

Brandi said...

This is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Mynnette! Great background paper and what a fun image!!!

Amy Kolling said...

That background paper is one of my favorites!!! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This is fun.... love all those colors together.