Monday, August 8, 2011

PDCC #93 Watermelon, Sorbet, Lime + SSS Christmas in August



Hello, friends! It's nice to be blogging again today! It was a CrAzY weekend at our house--Friday night we rearranged our entire house (literally), Saturday morning/afternoon I worked, my DH did all the housework, we had dinner guests and a meeting at our house on Saturday night AND we had our sweet Khi again all weekend: (This is how she sleeps--sideways! DH asked if we should mover her, I said to each her own--she'd just move back!) Anywho...this is why I haven't posted for a few days!!! :) So, since I've been short on time, I decided to combine two online challenges: Play Date Cafe #93: Watermelon, Sorbet & Lime and Simon Says Stamp: Christmas in August! I like non traditional colors for Christmas cards, and I have a lot of friends who adore the color pink, so I decided to make these and give them to those friends! :) I love multi-tasking!
So, here's the first card:


And the front details:


I had to do something on the inside to hide the ribbon, so I decided more patterned paper and another sentiment! :)
Here's the second card (I do like the first better....):
And the details:
I used the silver elastic on the first one to give it some flair, then used silver heat embossing to do the same for the second card. Thank you so much for taking a peak--I hope you're inspired to create today! Happy stamping!!!

6 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous Christmas cards.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Andrea Ewen said...

What lovely Christmas cards, the borders are beautiful and the embossing is elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

Anonymous said...

What fabulous Christmas cards! That nativity one looks great in this color combo, love the details and the card size :) Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What gorgeous cards! LOVE that first one--so many layers and details! But I also love the silver snowflake on the second--FAB JOB! And your little one sleeping is just precious:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, ladies! :)