Thursday, August 4, 2011

Less is More Week 26 Feeling Fruity! :)


This week's fabulous Less is More challenge is FEELING FRUITY!!! I love it, because one of my absolute favorite stamp sets is four simple fruity solid images from Stampin' Up! called Tart and Tangy! Since it was recently retired, I have had to put it away and felt a void deep inside...*sigh*. BUT, then came this challenge and I was excited to get it out again!

Here is my submission:


I new that I needed to make the fruit images look juicy, so I used a glitter gel pen to accent the citrus slices, then I covered them with SU! glossy accents. I felt they needed to pop out more, so I backed them with punched out black cardstock pieces. I feel that the end result is fabulous! These pictures don't give do them justice...


I also embossed the background of my card with a pineapple embossing folder--since I was feeling fruity and all. ;D I love the colors and everything just worked!!!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my card and my blog! Thanks to the LIM ladies for another fabulous challenge! I hope you can play along with us sometime and I hope that you're inspired to create something juicy today! Happy stamping!!!

5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Ooooh - nicely done! Love the pop of black, and the shimmer and shine. TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Sofie V said...

Hi Mynnette,

Thanks for the lovely comments and following my blog! I am following you too so I can come look at your beautiful creations!

This card is very pretty. The fruit slices look like as they are real!

A few weeks ago a bought some beads online in a Dutch webshop. But i don't do that so often, i more like to pick out beads in a real shop.

Greetings Sofieke

Kristina Collett said...

Wow, the glitter on those fruit slices looks fantatic. A very lovely card. I too am missing tart and tangy (sigh)

Chrissie said...

You have made these slices look SO juicy! Super job!
Thanks so much for joining us again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, ladies! You're all so very sweet!