Monday, February 18, 2013

CCM: Blooming Images

Well, we've got a fun challenge for you this time at Crafty Cardmakers!  Our hostess is Marie.  This is what she's looking for, "I do love my flowers and this time I would like flower images to be the main focus of the card. No people, no landscapes. Just flower images. A single rose, a poinsettia, a daisy... you get it. Can be flowers in a vase or just the flowers. Of course you can still decorate with flowers, butterflies or what you feel like, but the image is a flower of some kind, NOT a tree and NOT a person holding a flower."   Hope this is clear enough! :)

Our sponsors this time are~

 

and we also have on offer this fabulous die set, 
which has been very generously provided by a mystery donor!

Here's my card~

Details~





I kept this VERY simple--one layer, actually!  The floral image is by Stampin' Up! and my sentiments are by Tim Holtz, all ink and the rhinestones are by Stampin' Up!, and my glimmer mist was DIY.  I colored in my floral image with markers and then spritzed it with my DIY glimmer mist and then stamped the image.  I think it turned out fabulously--it looks watercolored!

Thanks for taking a peek--I appreciate the time you've taken out of your day to do so!  Please do come and play along with us and say hello to the other DT gals as well!  Happy stamping! :)

9 comments:

fionalawlor said...

I love your card ,it's so pretty :) I especially love the sentiment!
Fiona x

Josephine said...

Beautiful - love that image - and I so admire that you'd do a single layer card. There's no room for mistakes in a single layer!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card, the flowers are so pretty, love the quote as well.
Yvonne x

Pia S said...

Such words of wisdom, I'll try and keep them in mind:) Beautiful flower image, nice work on the inking!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Mynnette! I love the simplicity of one layer and those sentiments are so great!
- Shauna

Peanut said...

Flawless inking, Mynnette. What a lovely uplifting card! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Always a pleasure to hear from you!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Julie Reed said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog:) Your card is so sweet and you have used my 2 favourite colours.
Jules x

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful CAS card Mynnette and such a lovely sentiment. Xx

Lin said...

I'm another who loves the sentiment! Gorgeous colour choices too. A beautiful example of a one layer card.

Lin xx