Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fun Valentine Treats

I have just a few more Valentine treats to share with you today and then I will probably be done with this holiday until next year.  Well, after tomorrow, that is.  Tomorrow is actually the day that my DH and I celebrate--it's more frugal cheaper that way. ;)  I've made some fun treats to take to friends and I thought some of you might like to use these ideas next year!

First up: Vintage Kisses Holder~


For these fabulous challenges~




This and two others just like it are going to some very special friends for a little treat to let them know how much they're loved.  I've used up some paper that has been in my scrap drawer begging to be used for about 2 years, stamped heart by Stampin' Up!, a little tiny heart rhinestone by Studio G, eyelets from my stash, some gold tissue paper from Hallmark, and a gold pipe cleaner.  OH, the tube is....wait for it...a TOILET PAPER ROLL!!!  That's right!  I used a toilet paper roll!  A DT teamie made one of these and I just had to try it out!

Second up: Mustache Kisses Holder~


For these fabulous challenges~

(Googly eyes are my detail--get it?!
Okay, maybe that's stupid...)



This one is for my DH--think he'll like it?  I hope it makes him smile!  The paper is by DCVW, the heart stamp is by Stampin' Up!, the mustache is by Hero Arts, googly eyes and eyelets from my stash, some red tissue paper from the Dollar Tree, and a silver pipe cleaner.  And, yes, a tp roll!

Third fun project: Kisses Rings~


These were SO easy and fun to make!  I'm not entering them into any challenges, and I don't even know who I'm going to give them to, but if you'd like to make them yourself, follow these easy steps:

1. Take a pipe cleaner and cut it in half.
2. make an x with the two halves and twist in the middle to hold them together.
3. Place the Kiss flat side down in the middle of the x.
4. Twist the pipe cleaners around the point of the Kiss and make a circular shape at the bottom!

See, easy peasy!  There are tons of picture/video tutorials out there on how to make them.  I'm sure if you Google these, they'll all pop up!

Anyway, there you have it!  Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Stamping, friends!  HUGS to you all and thanks for stopping by!  See you soon!!!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute ideas Mynnette! Enjoy your frugal day tomorrow...sounds like a GOOD plan to me ;)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your kiss holders- the cute mustache stamp is so fun! My Anniversary is next week, so I am the same way- wait until after valentines to celebrate!

Becky said...

What adorable projects. Love the hearts with the mustache, so creative

Christine L said...

Mmmmm Hershey's kisses... they are so yummy!!

Fabulous holder for them... and perfect for the theme!

Thanks for sharing at In The Pink.. hope you pop by again soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Rocky said...

Love the ideas Mynnette. I know what you mean about cost, it's rotten the way things go up on Valentine's and Mother's day. These would look good hanging on the tree at Christmas too, must try and collect some rolls ready.

Deb said...

Beautiful creations!
Many thanks for joining in theCute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Have a great weekend!
Debxx

Kathy Bradley said...

What adorable gifts you made for your DH and friends - they turned out so very adorable!! And, the chocolate kisses rings are so cute!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous gift...love the moustache...your rings are stunning....thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Carol C said...

Gorgeous, I adore the moustache :D Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this month, Carol x

Sharon said...

These are fabulous projects. Love the rings and the hearts are gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x