Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CAS and vintage not so much...

Okay, ready for 2 more cards?  Then I'll just have one more post, so I do hope you'll forgive me putting 2 cards in 1!  Otherwise I won't get anything else done online today that "needs" to be done! ;)

Here's the first card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~




For this card I used patterned paper and a doily from my stash, image stamps from Prima, sentiment stamp by Memory Makers, rhinestones by Studio 112, scallop die cut by Spellbinders, and all other supplies are from Stampin' Up!.

Vintage is hard for me to pull off, but I do have quite a few stamps that are considered of the vintage persuasion.  These Prima stamps have been sitting next to my desk begging to be used, so I knew that I had to incorporate them somehow!  This paper has been sitting in my scrap drawer for months, too!  All in all, this card was just waiting to be organized! :)

Here's the second card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~




I've used a sentiment stamp by Inspired By Stamping, liquid pearls by Ranger, and all other supplies are from Stampin' Up!.

I was really inspired by the CAS design of the card over at Muse.  I loved the way the flowers seemed to enhance the sentiment and so that is what I went for with my creation.  These colors made me think of a more Asian influence, so I pulled out some stamps lurking at the back of my stamp cabinet that had that style.  I added some sparkle and shine with glitter glue and liquid pearls to enhance the one layerness of my card. :)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!  I do hope you've been inspired to create something today and that you'll come join in all these amazing challenges!  HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

26 comments:

Fabiola said...

oh la la ce qu'elles sont jolies, biz

sandie said...

Oh Mynnette, truly fabulous Muse card! I love the sentiment and how your flowers seem to wrap around it and the perfectly placed gems and pearls. Great and subtle use of our colours at CAS-Colour and Sketches, thanks for playing along this week x

Gillian R said...

What beautiful cards, so different but equally stunning

Louise van Vuren said...

Loved your first card for our challenge and love this one too! where do you find all your sentiments! Each one amazes me. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and sketches

Louise xx

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful vintagey vibe on your first card, Love the bird cage. And your second card has me swooning over those pretty little yellow blossoms!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous cards!!...thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!! Lee-Ann :)

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Two more beautiful cards. I especially love the color combo you used for the first card. Love the little bird in a cage and the heart gems. Stunning. Thank you for your talent and inspirations. And thank you again for joining us at Cards in Envy.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love the second card! Great layout and choice of stamps, the colours are rocking too :)

Jacqueline said...

Another totally stunning card for our challenge this week Mynnette - love this especially the sentiment - thanks for joining in again at CAS - Colours and Sketches - Jacqueline xx

Sue said...

A stunning vintage card Mynette! Beautiful stamping and embellishments. Sorry you missed the ATSM challenge. Sue x

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Love the CAS card - great job with the colors; love the little liquid pearls! Thanks for joining us (again!) at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful cards, Mynnette. You have such a wonderful talent and eye for cards. I love both of them but the one for the Cards in Envy challenge is stunning! Love that polka dot paper and how you designed the card. Thanks for sharing it with us.
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. I love the touch of sparkle and the placement of the sentiment.

Kylie said...

What a shame you missed our vintage challenge over at ATSM, Mynnette. You created a wonderful vintage card!! Your second card is just as wonderful. Perfectly CAS and beautiufl use of the colours! Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S! xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Both cards are so gorgeous Mynn! I think you did vintage quite nicely - its fun to stretch ourselves sometimes isn't it? :o)

landerson213 said...

Great cards! I love your Muse card! The flowers around the bottom corner with just a touch of glitter and pearls are perfect! And I just LOVE that color combination! I may have to join in that challenge this week! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

landerson213 said...

Great cards! I love your Muse card. Those flowers with the subtle glitter and pearls are perfect! I really like that color combo too, I may have to join in on that challenge! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Janis Lewis said...

All of your cards are very pretty! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Michelle said...

Mynnette, both your cards are beautiful! The MUSE card is stunning!

Zingaro Skoolie said...

I love the stamping in that first one and the pleated trim - such a well put together card. Thanks so much for sharing with Cards in Envy

ddazzled71 said...

Both cards are stunning! I particularly love your take on the sketch for the first card. The soft colors and pleated ribbon are all fabulous too! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy this fortnight!
Danie xx

Rosie Gustafson said...

Very cute cards. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges. Xx Rosie. We hope you will play along next weekend.

Jacquel said...

Your work is always so awesome! Love both of your cards!!!!! You really rocked the sketch this week...thanks so much for playing with us @ ABC Challenges!!!

Ger said...

Love the vintage card, the layers, hearts, pleated ribbon and papers! Two great cards. Thankyou for joining us at ABC Challenges this week.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Beautiful workmanship. Elegant, yet vintage.

Thank you for participating in ABC Challenges!

Unknown said...

Two really gorgeous cards! In the polka dot one, I like the ribbon and inking. Thank you for playing at Cars in Envy!