Wednesday, February 13, 2013

That's a Valentine?!

Yes, this card is a Valentine.  I actually gave it to one of my dearest co-workers today and she loved it.  So, there! ;)  Okay, so it's not your traditional colors, it's not got a "Valentine" sentiment, but I will explain in a bit why it's a Valentine.  First, just take a peek...

Here's the card~

Details~





For these fabulous challenges~


(Purple & Green--totally doing my nursery 
in these colors if I ever have a child! )


I've used a NEW Clarity stamp (the fern), a blossom by Martha Stewart, a sentiment by Stampin' Up!, rhinestones by Prima, Gelatos by Faber Castel to color in my flower, black embossing powder by Stampendous!, and card stock by SU!.

So, why is this card a Valentine?  Well, because Valentine's Day is about love.  And love is a blessing.  And so are the people that bring it into our lives.  So that's how this is a Valentine! :)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my card!  I hope you've been inspired to create something today and please play along with these fun and fabulous challenges!  HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :) 

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A beautiful Valentine Mynnette ~ love the way you've colored this bloom!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the clean design and your lovely coloring!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is so elegantly crafted. Love how you did the flower spray.
Happy Valentines Day
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Clarissa Schupp said...

What a beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing at Baffies shop blog Challenge and good luck.
xoxo Clarissa

Unknown said...

This is simply gorgeous my friend! I LOVE it!!!!
hugs,
Ellen

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Mynnette and I'm sure she really did love it and appreciate it. Your cards are always stunning.
Thanks for sharing this in our challenge and blessing us with your talents.
God's richest blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Mynette,
What a card, it's so beautiful. Your coloring is simply splendid.
The layout of the fern is fabulous. For some reason I just want to gaze at this card.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours; we love that you have taken time to share your wonderful work with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!
PS The photography is excellent as well.

Gemiel said...

What a beautiful, non traditional, Valentine's card!! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you!

Manuela said...

Wow, das ist eine sehr schöne Karte. Gefällt mir. Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme an Baffies ShopBlog Challenge.
Liebe Grüße
Manuela