Monday, February 4, 2013

MMM: Inspired by Persuasion

Hi, folks!  Hope your month is started out nicely and that you're happy and healthy!  What a blessing if that was the case for all of us, right?  Anyway, we've got another new challenge for you over at Make My Monday and guess what?  I'm the hostess!!!  I'd like you to be inspired by a book/book cover.  I've chosen "Persuasion" by Jane Austen!!!

Here's the book cover~

A little bit about the book~

This classic was written in the early nineteenth century by Jane Austen.  The main character is Anne Elliot.  Anne has previously been wealthy, but her father and sister have wasted their fortune after her mother passed away.  She has also previously found true love.  She rejected it because the man was a lowly and poor sailor and Anne was counseled by a trusted mother figure not to marry him.  BUT, he's BACK and has made a fortune in the war against Napoleon.  Now her family thinks him a sort of catch--she's the only genuine person in a group of snobs.  She knows she made a mistake and has faithfully loved him the past 8 years.  But now she's a "spinster" at the old age of 27.  Will she and Captain Wentworth finally be able to be together?  I won't tell.  You'll have to read it! ;)

My card~

Details~





Inside of card.
I've used a digital image from the Graphic's Fairy (I think?), patterned papers by Pink Paislee,digital sentiments by myself, pearls by Studio 112, pins by Maya Road, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my card!  I do hope you'll join us this week and don't forget to go and tell the other DT gals how amazing their creations are as well!  Happy stamping! :)

7 comments:

Lisbeth K said...

I guess I spend rest of the day here, at your blog Mynnette *LOL*!! This card is amazing!! Love the colors, sooo beutiful!!The image is so pretty, and all the details... Wow!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous nostalgic card! Beautiful image and colors, reminds me Spring is around the corner. :)
Have a great week.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the image on your card Mynnette! She seems to be gazing off thinking of her true love! Sounds like a GOOD book!!

Fabiola said...

Oh ce qu'elle est jolie!!! j'adore, biz

Fliss said...

An absolutely beautiful card Mynnette. Love the image and all those pretty embellishments.
Hugs, Fliss xx
PS: Enjoyed this challenge!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

a fabulous challenge Mynnette - I hope I get chance to play along. Your card is so pretty and the spring colours are so uplifting. Suzanne xx

Katy said...

This is gorgeous!Love your image and your sentiment! Beautiful colors! :)