Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ship Themed Sympathy With Waltzingmouse

Let's just get this straight, shall we? I HATE making sympathy cards.  Seriously hate it.  But I also know that cards can change lives and attitudes because they have done that for me.  Unfortunately a friend of mine lost her grandmother.  Her mother is also my friend, so that friend lost her mother.  It's not the best situation, and so I was a little stumped as to where to turn.  Waltzingmouse stamps to the rescue!  The Safe Harbours Sentiments set literally saved my bacon!

Here's what I came up with~

For these fabulous challenges~




I started by stamping the Pinstripes background from Waltzingmouse onto some Bermuda Bay card stock using Bermuda Bay ink.  I then inked the edges, die cut an oval, and set the panel aside.  I stamped the sentiment from the Safe Harbours Sentiments set by Waltzingmouse and used a smaller oval die cut to mask the sentiment so I could sponge around and inside of it.  I used dimensional foam to make it look like the sentiment is framed by the striped panel.  Some patterned paper by The Paper Studio, glitter paper by DCWV, some twine from my stash, and a few enamel stars from Freckled Fawn completed the card.  I hope it brings my friends comfort.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my card.  I hope you like what you see and I hope that you join in with these fun and fabulous challenges.  Also, please take some time today to let your loved ones know how loved they are.  HUGS and happy stamping, friends!


13 comments:

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mynn
These cards are a sad fact of life but I'm sure that your beautiful card will offer comfort to your friends at this sad time.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry to hear of the loss Mynn. But your pretty card will be greatly appreciated!

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

your card is beautiful thank you for joining the challenge at a song in your heart

Pat said...

A lovely verse. Love the thick twine yove used too, goes well with "Sea" theme. Im sure it will be greatly appreciated at this sad time

StephC said...

Love this Mynn! The colors are fabulous together, and the sentiment is perfect. Beautifully done!

P.S. I miss you too my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Mynn!! I love the sentiment with the sponging and your colors of dp!! Beautiful layering and design! Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD!!

Unknown said...

great card Mynn! love the colour and the words in the sentiment. thank you for joining us in our sea/beach challenge! Irene DT xx

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, Mynn, and fabulous colors for this theme!! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Guild Master Crystal said...

I agree, Mynn - sympathy cards are the WORST to make. I stress about them so much. You've done an AWESOME job with this one! That sentiment is fantastic.
Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
~ Crystal (DT)

Linda Carson said...

A lovely card Mynn! Beautiful colors, design, textures and sponging! Thanks for creating with us at ODBD!

Taunya Butler said...

What a beautiful, calm, and soothing sympathy card for your friend!! You are one who stamps and creates with the heart!! I do so admire you!!

Amanda Phillips said...

Your card is so lovely, Thank you for sharing your creations with us over at ASIYH!

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper