Thursday, June 28, 2012

Insomniacs, UNITE!

Do you know how many times I've typed untie instead of unite?  Yeah.  It's that bad.  Okay, so even though it is 2:00 in the wee morning hours here, I am unable to sleep.  So I made a card! 

Here it is~

Details~






For these fabulous challenges~



(ribbon, glitter, rhinestones, patterned paper)


As you can see, there are MANY textures going on in this card.  We've got the dry embossed black panel, the sheer black ribbon, the rough and glittery sandpaper specialty paper, the glitter on the perfume, and the texture rhinestones.  I may have gone a bit texture crazy.  The image is from A Day For Daisies and I colored it in with watercolor pens and red ink and, as it smeared, got a bit inky with it.  I then decided to add the glitter and rhinestones because all gorgeous perfume bottles have pizazz!  And then I decided to use some of my Pink Paislee vintage stamps to create more interest because apparently I do that a lot now...  Is it too much?  You can be the judge!  I really like this card!

Thanks for the fabulous challenges, all!  I hope some of you join in the fun--I want to see what you create!  Happy crafting!!! :)

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Sorry you can't sleep! If it makes you feel any better, it's 8:30am here in the UK so you'd be up and ready for a new day :) Who am I kidding, that's not going to make anyone feel better! Fabulous textures, image, sparkle and ribbon! If I attempted a card with that many bits and bobs, it would look horrendous but you make it look so easy!

Unknown said...

There's lots of sleepless night for me when there's idea that keeps popping up my mind.Have to get up anytime of the night and do it. Glad to know there's someone like me.That's a lovely card.

Fliss said...

Sorry for the lack of comments lately Mynnette, just very busy. Sorry you can't sleep but the card you've made is a real stunner. Love the colours and pretty glittery touches. Great stamping too!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Jacqueline said...

Hope you manage to get some sleep soon Mynnette - it's a great card though! - Jacqueline xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Great card Mynnette. I get insomnia sometimes - had it for about 15 years. At the moment I don't have it and am actually missing it as I'm too tired to get anything done (I tend to cope better on less sleep!) Hope it isn't causing you too much trouble. The best tip I can share is to try to relax even if you can't sleep so your body is resting if your mind isn't. Also, keep a pen and paper by the bed and if you wake up with a thought (like something you need to do tomorrow) write it down - this lets your subconscious know it can forget it and sometimes helps you drop off (I have a tiny book light by the bed so I don't get too much light when doing this stuff as I find just laying in the dark is less tiring than doing stuff with the light on) Hope that helps!
Tara
x

June Houck said...

Lovely girly card! Great image; love the glitter and inking and fab color scheme.

I hope you have gotten some rest :)

Lisa Elton said...

Divine perfume bottles, polka dots, sparkle...what's not to love!!! Great card Mynnette! Now go to bed LOL ;)

Tracey said...

Awesome card Mynnette! I love the glitter and all the bling. I have fits of insomnia too so I totally know where you are coming from. I'm on another bout of it myself. Last 2 nights I have tossed till 2:00 - 3:00am then wide awake by 6:00 am. Its driving me nuts. Sad thing is I can be falling asleep on the couch, but the minute I hit the bed, I'm wide awake! Its crazy. Good luck with your problems sleeping.
Hugs

Vicky Hayes said...

Some of my best creations are made after midnight Mynnette and it seems so are yours! I love the way you glittered the perfume bottles - this is a display fit for a diva! Vicky x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Mynette, amazing work at 2AM too ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

craftyb said...

Gorgeous card - love the classy colour mix and those lil rhinestones are fab! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this week! bx