Monday, June 4, 2012

It's a beautiful day...

...but it was a horrible night!  I've been suffering from ghastly insomnia coupled with waking up 4-5 times for no apparent reason.  Oh so annoying.  But, it's a beautiful day here, I have BLOG CANDY, and I have tons of cards to show you!!!  Okay, really just four.  But I'm only putting 2 in this post--any more would be overkill with all the detail photos you know I take! ;)

Here's the first one~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~




I used kaleidoscope embossing powder on my two tone sentiment to give it a bit more of a bling factor.  I've been trying to use up some buttons, so I used a large blue one and tied it to the card with some red & white baker's twine.  Bits of patterned paper, a punched border, and some dry embossing complete this one! :)

Second card~

Details~






For this fabulous challenge~





For this 5" square card, I utilized patterned paper, hat pins, punches, silver elastic cording, and some flat back pearls.  I LOVE the way it turned out--the fabulous music stamp is from 7 Gypsies and I hope you can see the words--"Deck the halls with bows of holly. Fa la la la la la..."  LOVE it!

So there are the first 2 cards I have to show you today!  I'll be back a little later on to show you two more.  Then I'll be out of cards and will have to craft! ;)  Happy stamping, friends!!!

15 comments:

Victoria said...

Love the non-traditional colours in both cards. The sparkle is great in the first and I love the papers with the bird in the second. Simply gorgeous!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Hi Mynette, what a pretty Christmas card,Thanks for trying to join us on Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge. Hope you will come back again and play.
Cindy

Katy said...

Love your 4th of July card! I love the nontraditional colors and the glitter! So pretty! Thank you so much for joining me at I Like to Cut and Paste!

You Christmas card is pretty too! Love how you did the wing on the bird! :)

Meighan Wheller said...

Mynnette, both your cards are lovely. It is a shame that you missed out challenge last week to add your card but thanks for adding the link so that we could find you. I love the non-traditional colours and how you have used the ornament and emblishments. Maybe you might get a chance to join us this week at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges. Kindest regards Meighan

lauren bergold said...

well BOTH of these are gorgeous, but OF COURSE i'm bound to say the christmas card is my favorite, right?! and truly it is a ♥MASTERPIECE♥ from it's fabulous color palette to the lovely layout and those fun embellies! awesome & totally unique!

Jacqueline said...

These are so lovely Mynnette - gorgeous details - Jacqueline xx

Shell said...

Beautiful cards hun, thanks for joining us at Charizma cardz.
Shell xx

Vicky Hayes said...

These are both stunning Mynnette - you really do make some fabulous cards! I particularly like the purple card with the bird and the gorgeous pearls. Vicky x

sue w. said...

What a wonderful card, lovely papers and fab layout, just love the bird.
Thanks for sharing @ ABC Christmas Challenge.
Hugs Sue W GDT.

SmilynStef said...

Love the plaid wing on that sweet little holiday bird ... so many lovely details ... so eryt glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Unknown said...

Beauiful cards. Love them both and particularly love the first one. Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS-ual Friday Challenge Blog.

Hazel said...

Lovely cards - such a super purple one for my CHNC challenge 75 - thanks for joining in and hope to see you again soon. x

Debby said...

Two beautiful cards and I'm a sucker for white with a pop of colour! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards hunny! love your style too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our Keep it Simple Challenge
hugs Samantha :0)

Little K Smith said...

Fabulous cards, such great designs!
Kelly.x
ABC Christmas Challenge DT :)