Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sorry for the day with out me! ;)

I've had quite an eventful week and am trying to balance all of my blogs!  BUT, I did take some time to create some cards!  I'll show just one per post, as I've used the same sketch and would like to enter them both into the sketch challenge.

Here it is~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~





This card was really fun to make.  It's not my "usual" style, but I think it looks so pretty and elegant!  To make my doily more distressed and shimmery, I sponged it with brown ink and then glimmer misted it.  For the image panel, I stamped the rose image in a pale aqua and then stamped the sentiment over it in brown.  Some buttons, ribbon, and twine and there you have it!

Thanks for joining me today--keep a look out for the other card!  It'll be posted soon, I promise!  Happy stamping! :)

PS: Have you checked out my BLOG CANDY yet?!

12 comments:

Donna B. said...

Very elegant card Mynette! Love the rustic button details! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Lisa Elton said...

Great vintage look to your card Mynnette, love the doily,buttons,twine and pretty verse!

Jenny Marples said...

Really soft and delicate Mynnette. Love the choice of colours and the textures on this card. Hugs, Buttons x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love this look! The color combination is perfect, and I love the added details of buttons and twine. This look suits you. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!

Jacqueline said...

I do like the colours you have used on this card Mynnette - very pretty - Jacqueline xx

Patrice said...

Great use of the color palette...I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-23.html

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is very lovely! Love the soft vintage feel of it and that teal pleated ribbon is just gorgeous. And it looks terrific with the twine next to it! Beautiful patterned paper too. So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Frilly and Funkie!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sounds like you and I both had crazy, hectic weeks, and I for one am SO glad it's the weekend!!

Love this creation and the button-y goodness you showed in a close up.

Thanks for playing with us at The CAfe this week!

Marjie Kemper said...

What beautiful cards! The teal goes so perfectly with the kraft and twine... it's a gorgeous combo. Glad you could join us this week at Frilly and Funkie!

Ruby said...

So pretty, I love the soft colour interpretation and the overall elegance of design. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful take on the challenges, Mynnette! LOVE that trio of buttons! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Frances said...

Your card is so beautiful.Love the color combination. Thanks for joining us at Paper Play challenges this week.
Hugs, Frances.