Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's bathing suit weather!

Well, at least it is in the northern hemisphere.  Although, I gotta tell ya, I will NEVER be caught in a bathing suit.  Oh, and a quick confession--I can't swim.  The water SCARES me.  So, you'll never see me swimming, in a swimming suit, or near a large body of water on purpose. ;)  But, my card features the cutest suit you've ever seen!!!  I was at my local craft store yesterday and Karen (owner) had some darling Ippty stamps on clearance.  Of course I grabbed them up!  I will make a card featuring the other stamps later, but today I'm showcasing the swimsuit!!!

Here's the card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~

Less Is More: Paper piecing (the suit was double paper pieced)



I had tons of fun making this card!  I first stamped the image with black ink onto a piece of light blue paper for "sky", then I stamped it twice onto white paper using red ink and black ink.  I cut out the black ink image and adhered it to the blue paper, colored in the band in the middle, then cut out the red image and glued it on top.  Some glittery spots and a rhinestone completed the process!  What do you think?!

Thanks for stopping by--I hope you create something today!  I would love to see it!  Happy stamping--don't forget to join in the fabulous challenges above!!! :)

23 comments:

Victoria said...

This is a really fun card. The polka dot paper is perfect for the swimming costume!

Jingle said...

This is so super adorable!

Jacqueline said...

Hee hee - you won't see me in a bathing costume either although I used to love swimming - I would have loved a costume like this back then! Lovely card - Jacqueline xx

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet Mynnette!

Glenda Atkins said...

Aaaah, love the bathing suit and the embossed background,very CAS but the message is loud and clear, wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'at the beach' challenge!

Kim x said...

Hi Mynnette, lovely card, as always. I thought that you might like to know that I loaned the card that I made using your faux pressed flower technique to Jenny from Hobby Art. She took it on the TV with her today and it got shown off beautifully. Just a shame I couldn't get her to say where I got the idea from. Still we know don't we :O)
hugs Kimx

Canonbury creations said...

Love the costume Mynnette, brilliant paper piecing:)
Val x

Laura Love said...

This is super cute! You did a wonderful job! I love the splash of bling :) Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my word Mynnette what a darling swimsuit! This is such a delightful card!

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really awesome card, I too, wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Danielle Vincent said...

Mynnette this is so much fun! Absolutely great CAS card and I had to giggle out loud while reading your post so thanks for that! Thanks for visiting me today and leaving me such nice notes on my cards. You are so sweet. Hugs

Unknown said...

Hello Mynnette thank you for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a lovely comment.I just followed your blog, i like your blog and you have a great talent and i love your creations.
Hugsxxx
Aida

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Mynette. I love the embossed background, it does show your swimsuit off perfectly.
Thank you for joining The Beach challenge at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xx

June Houck said...

Super adorable card, Mynnette! Fab paper piecing :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Mynnette! The image is fantastic, I would like a swimsuit like that.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Anne Hayward said...

Too cute!

Julie S said...

What a cute card! I love the little sparkle you added to the bathing suit and the repetition of the swiss dots and polka dot suit.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is fabulous Mynnette! The swimsuit makes a brilliant focal point and I love the way you glitzed it up! Vicky x

Mandi said...

Love it Mynette
That little suit is FAB
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Barbara said...

Hi Mynnette, Love your card. The suit is charming. You featured it so creatively. Of course the sentiment you chose is just perfect. Your card making style is so refreshing:)Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our current challenge: At the Beach.

jimlynn said...

Adorable card and I love the little swim suit! So cute and the sentiment is perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
Lynn

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for joining us this week at Loves rubber stamps! Hope to see you each week!

Alica said...

so sweet! love the glittery polka dots!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)