Saturday, June 23, 2012

I feel lost...




***WARNING: LONG, LOTS OF PICTURES, SOME PERSONAL INFORMATION--NONE OF WHICH IS INAPPROPRIATE IN THE LEAST.  YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.***

Okay, first I'm gonna tell you the real gist of the post.  I actually made a card this morning!  It was SO much fun--I didn't realize how much I had missed paper crafting this past week!!!!

Here's the card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~



 

It's SOOOOOO good to be back and functioning again on my blog!  So much happened while I was away and so I have a lot of catching up to do--sorry for those who were neglected by my DT duties that weren't done up to my standards--I hope you'll forgive me!

On another note, I really do feel lost.  It's been a few days since I last posted and I have been in a crazy, dream-like state this past week trying to help my mom and sister get ready for my sister's wedding that will take place at the beginning of August.  I haven't made a card for about a week...okay, I made one just a bit ago, but it was WEIRD!  The biggest reason I haven't crafted this week?

These two cuties~


Yep. Another of my sisters came out this week as well, bringing her two adorable children.  I had SO much fun having my three year old niece over almost every day.  As you can see, she's quite take with my little fur baby--that picture was taken last night at Hundie's 3rd birthday party.  My 3 year old niece picked out Hundie's presents, cake, and wanted to match her.  Notice they both are wearing blue and white stripes?!  LOL, it was too cute!!!

It was a really wonderful surprise to see that I had won 3 times this week with three different cards--it really is an honor each time I am chosen as winner and I really appreciate that someone can love my cards! :)  I also have been grateful for all the fabulously kind comments that you have left.  If you didn't know, I have a "Thank You" freebie for you.  Ellen over at In a World of Craft has really done it justice!  I hope you take time to go and say hi to her!  She's a fabulous card maker!

Here's the gorgeous card she made with the digi sentiment that I'm giving away for free~
 

And with that, I wish you all a good evening and a restful Sabbath on the morrow!  Happy stamping, friends! :)

12 comments:

Kim x said...

Glad that you have been having such a fabulous time with your nieces.
Congrats on all of your wins and thanks for all the inspiration.
hugs Kimx

Lisa Elton said...

Awww so glad you had a nice visit with your family. But isn't it amazing how we miss our paper! I've had a busy week too and didn't get anything made ack! I like your pretty card, the textrue of your flower and corduroy brad caught my eye! Blessings on your Sunday Mynnette and happy bday to your fur baby!!!

Heather North said...

I love what you did with this sketch.

Katy said...

Hey Mynnette! Thank you for stopping by :) Your card is so pretty! The same thing happens to me if I don't do something crafty every couple of days. You had a good reason not to be on the computer! Congrats on your wins too. And you are an awesome crafter! God gave you a gift and you are sharing it with the world. Is doesn't get any better than that :) Big hugs and have a great rest of your weekend :)

K Clark said...

wow... Mynnette... your card is beautiful with so much detail!! thanks for joining us this month at craft calender challenge - hope to see you next month as well :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Congrats on your wins this week- no surprise for all of your wins- you make beautiful cards. Beautiful pic of your niece and your poochie!

Lorie Hethorn said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog over at: www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

Kristen Conant said...

So glad our sketch helped to inspire you this week! Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin On Tuesday!

Jacqueline said...

Welcome back Mynnette - we've missed you. However it's good to take time out once in a while! - Jacqueline xx

Victoria said...

I'm so pleased you have had a chance to get crafty! It's a wonderful 'therapy'!

Emma H said...

Your dotty card is just lovely! Thanks for joining our polka dot challenge at Fab N Funky this week!

Tracey said...

Such a beautiful card thisa post. I love the picture of your niece & fur-baby. I don't know who looks happier in the pic. Your niece is such a sweetie and I'm so glad you had a fabulous time with her.
You shouldn't feel bad for not blogging; family comes first, always! You work so hard on your cards, blogs & DT obligations year round so a break for a week shouldn't be a problem. A job gives you holiday time away, why should a hobby have different rules? Don't feel guilty about the time off; enjoy it!!
Hugs sweetie xo