Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cards from the weekend...

So, I don't know WHY it happens, but the end of the school year always ends up being ridiculously hectic for me!  I feel like there is NO time.  Then I'm happy for the summer break.  And I enjoy it for about 2 weeks.  And then I NEED STRUCTURE.  I crave it.  And I know I'm not going back to my job in the fall because I'm going back to school and I'm worried that won't be enough structure for me.  Oh, well.  Adapt or die, right?! ;)

But I digress...the point was that I did make a bunch of cards to share this weekend and I haven't shared a one of 'em!  So, I'm sharing!  It'll be more than one card per post, sorry.  Otherwise I miss the challenges, ya know?  This will be my CAS post...

Here's CAS take one~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~

(Square Card, Bling, Text)
             

(Red & Green)

This card uses images and a sentiment from Close to My Heart and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.  I used the "Rock n' Roll" technique to achieve the look of the leaves.  It took 3 tries to get them ok.  I guess I'm satisfied with them...let's keep going!

CAS take two~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~



This card uses stamps by Close to My Heart again as well as rhinestones by Prima and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.  I don't know why it was hard for me to come up with stamps to go with these colors, but I think this cute set was the perfect fit!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my cards!  I will be back with more either in a bit or tomorrow...hopefully! ;) HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

13 comments:

paper fun said...

I love your CAS take on our sketch! Awesome design.

Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

Mari

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh goodness the two tones leaves are PRETTY! And your DD card is really cute, I like the little lamp!

Michelle said...

Two gorgeous cards, Mynnette!

SD pooja said...

I loved the stamp n colors in first one a lot .Second one is very pretty ! The sentiments on both cards are fab !

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the lamp and the sentiment on the card using the sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy! Adorable card! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at SALS!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Jen Nelson said...

gorgeous cards love the second one
Fabulous colour choice. Thanks for joining us the week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

These are terrific Mynnette, difficult to choose a fave!
Great colour choices.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous cards Mynnette, I LOVE how you've done the leaves on the first one. Xx

Pia S said...

Both cards have such lovely sentiments and great clean designs! I'm quite fond of the blue and yellow color combo, and you've done a great job with the inking of those leaves. They're both beautiful in their own way1

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

both of these cards are wonderful; love them. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

You did a very cute CAS card using our sketch at Seems A Little Sketchy! Thanks for playing along!
Carolyn, DT

Sylvia Blum said...

both cards are beautiful - even though they are so different! :)
Thanks for joining our 100th CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!
Sylvia xx

Kelly Griglione said...

Great cards! Love the multi-color stamping on your leaves. So glad you joined the big celebration at CAS-ual Fridays, Mynnette!