Monday, May 13, 2013

MMM: Literary Inspiration: Jane Eyre

Welcome to another fabulous weekly challenge over at Make My Monday!  This week we have another literary inspiration challenge for you.  I'm the hostess this week and I've chosen another one of my favorite books--Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.  Choose to be inspired by the book cover or the story line or both!

Here's the cover~

A little bit about this book:  Jane is an orphan dependent upon unloving relatives for a living.  At a young age, she is forced out of her aunt's house and into a school where she learns to become a teacher or governess.  Her only friend there dies as a child and she suffers many hardships.  After growing up sufficiently, she accepts a governess position at Thronfield Hall.  Her new master is broody and seemingly unkind.  The child she is responsible for is starved for love and just a tad spoiled.  Will Jane ever find happiness in her new life?  I won't tell you--you'll have to read the book!

Here's my card~

Details~




I've used stamps by Papertrey Ink, mulberry paper from my stash, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.  I was inspired by this gorgeous CAS book cover--I LOVE silhouettes and so I just had to create a silhouette card! :)  This card is going to be given to a friend for her birthday and I think it's just her style, too! :)

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my creation--I do hope you'll join in the fun this week and that you'll take a peek at what the other gals have made!  It's such a fabulously talented DT and I know you won't be disappointed!  HUGS and happy stamping! :)

10 comments:

SD pooja said...

Fabulous card ! I loved the silhouette and the backing is just gorgeous !

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Mynnette!!

Cazro said...

A lovely card Mynette.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Caz




















Debi said...

Rumor has it today is your birthday!!!
Happy birthday Mynnette!

Your wonderful DTs at Inkspirational and Technique Tuesdays certainly put together one fantastic birthday blog hop for your birthday!

Hope you have a fantastic day!

DebiB
thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

Rossella said...

Hi Mynette,
How very elegant, lovely,
Rosie x

Pia S said...

What an elegant card! Love the silhouette image and the colored texture you've put behind it! Classy!

Fliss said...

A gorgeous card Mynnette. Such pretty detailing and so elegant.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Suzi B said...

Hi Mynnette, hope you had a great birthday! This is an elegant card with lovely "fluffy" bits :)
Suzi B xx

Fabiola said...

elle est trop belle Mynnette! biz

JayBe said...

Gorgeous, Mynnette - so elegant and I love the touch of mulberry paper, haven't used that in ages! Hope you enjoyed your birthday fellow Taurean, mine's on Thursday!! Lol.
Hugz, Jan xx