Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DT Call/Just Because Post


Well, I feel like I haven't actually blogged "just because" in a zillion years!  I do have one main reason for this post and it's to let you know that I am starting another NEW challenge called House of Cards! This challenge will be different than any other.  We'll have a monthly sketch or color scheme and ask you to create a project each week based on a specific card making style!  BUT, first we need some fabulous crafters to join us!  So, PLEASE pop on over and consider entering our DT call!  More information can be found HERE. :)

Another reason for posting today is to tell you about the great deals I got at the local consignment sale this past weekend!  I paid $38 and I got some bling, ribbon, acetate elements, paper elements, and 15 stamp sets!!!  You'll get to see a bunch of my new images in my May DT projects so stay tuned! :)

And now I'll share a few cards.  We had a few deaths in our lives last month and I still don't really want to talk about them, but these are the cards I made to send to those who lost close loved ones.

The cards~
 



Thanks for stopping in and taking a peek!  I hope you join in the DT call at HOC and that you'll create something today!  HUGS and happy stamping! :)

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Sympathy cards are always difficult to make, but these are all just lovely Mynnette. The first one is my fave!! Good luck with the new challenge, can't wait to play along ;)

Kim S said...

I'm sorry it's been a hard month for you. The sympathy cards you have created are truly lovely and are sure to bring a moment of comfort.

Yvonne Garner said...

Sincere condolences to you and others touch by loss recently. Your beautiful cards will comfort for certain. Look forward to seeing your new stamp sets!hugs, Yvonne

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful cards Mynnette, I love the design of the floral ones. Hope you are keeping well. Xx