Wednesday, May 8, 2013

More Friendship

So, after the last post I posted...yeah, I just said that...I decided to get inky and make some artsy stuff.  With the same sentiment from the last post because I really like it!  I made an art journal page inspired by Clare's 4th video on the subject and a card!!!

Here's the page~

Details~





For these fabulous challenges~

(Clare's fabulous artsy style!)


(The flower I used has been on my desk
for MONTHS and all the other stamps I 
used are brand new to me!)

I've used stamps by CTMH, Kaiser Kraft, Martha Stewart, and random alphabets that I'm unsure of.  I used gelatos to color in the flower after I embossed it with black embossing powder by Stampendous!.  I did that about 2 or 3 months ago...and then poor flower sat on my desk that long!  So I put it on my page.  I then put glossy accents over it and sprinkled glitter over that.  The washi tape is by different companies--I think Studio G and We R Memory Keepers.  The paints are all from my stash and the inks, glitter, paper, and all other supplies used are by Stampin' Up!.  The only paper not by SU! is the old library Date Due card to the bottom left.  My DH had some of them in his office and was going to throw them away--I almost screamed, "DON'T DO IT!!!"  I saved them.  There are only 4 but I've also used one on the card I made, too...

Here's the card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~

Inspired-by-Stamping-April-



This card uses stamps by Inspired By Stamping, liquid pearls by Ranger, another Date Due card, white gesso paint from my stash, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my arsty endeavors.  I know they aren't the best, but I enjoy making them and am having fun learning!  I hope you'll join in these fabulous challenges--it's always fun to be challenged!!!  HUGS and happy crafting, friends! :)

15 comments:

Becky said...

wow, both of these are fabulous! I just love the sentiment on the first one.

Clare Lloyd said...

Wow! Fab page so glad you found the lesson useful. I love your card with the washi tape on to. X

~ginny said...

LOVE it! Love the Washi tape and especially the black pearls scattered as you have done! The flowers fit wonderfully with our theme of "Floral Delights" at Craft Your Passion. Good luck on the challenge - and I would really love to see your beautiful work again next week!
~ginny
CYP Design Team
Personal blog: RubberMAD (http://ggetty.blogspot.com/)

Nancy Seed said...

I love both these cards. The sentiment is sooooo true and very close to home right now with my own life. You are a very dear friend to me. All the Best. Super HUGS!

Lisa Elton said...

Simply delightful as always Mynnette! Hope you have a beautiful day ;)

The-Butterfly said...

I love these! What a great idea, thanks for sharing! Love the colours and style, very different!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your creative and lovely art is always a blessing to me, Mynnette. You have been one of our longest-participating entrants and I am SO very grateful for you. I just prayed for you as I stopped by, and really pray that God will work in your life and draw you close to Him.
Have a blessed week, and thanks for sharing with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful creations. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Tracey said...

Fabulous page and card! LOVE your use of bright colours, and the saying is so true!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Mynnette! The washi tape on the card is fabulous and I love the lettering on the journal page. Great use of color!
- Shauna

Claire said...

Two equally gorgeous projects, love the words on the first one. thanks for joining us at FSC this time
Claire xx

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

What beautiful creations.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion for our "Floral Delights" challenge.
Anita
DT CYP
http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!! Hugs, Joanna

Sabine said...

very beautiful cards and such bright happy colors. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week,
hugs
Sabine

Ephemera said...

Hi there, beautiful stamping and colour combinations. Thanks so much for sharing with us this fortnight at FSC. Good luck in the prize draw. XX