Thursday, March 21, 2013

Playing with dry embossing...

So, I'm still trying to use the things that I got from my SU! party the other week.  One of my friends accidentally bought two sets of some dry embossing folders and so I offered to buy one from her and I've used it on this card.  It's the "lace" on top of the River Rock panel.

Here's the card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~




All supplies used are by Stampin' Up!.  I added glitter glue to the orchid image and I like how the red ink kind of faded to create a "center" like a real orchid has.  I really like the way this turned out!

Here's my sweet cheerleader--she always comes over to give mommy some love while she's making cards!

Baby Hundie~

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  I hope you like what you see and that you're inspired to create something today!  Perhaps you'll join in these fabulous challenges?  HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

13 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

What a lovely card... love how you used the frame theme. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Fabiola said...

superbe ce jeu, quel résultat élégant, biz

Zippy said...

Lovely elegant card, and love your little dog! xx

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful card Mynnette - love how you have used our colours this week at Colours and Sketches - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

Renee said...

Such a beautiful card! Love all the texture :)

Ardyth said...

Oh wow! I love how the red pops on the river (and I've already discovered how well it goes with suede). I love that the red ink bled a little bit on your image when you added the stickles - makes it look like a real 'bleeding heart' (although I see that it's really an orchid - I'm not much of a gardener!) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Kim S said...

I would not have thought to use that embossing folder at the top - and it is lovely!! And I love all of those neutrals behind the pop of red! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Munnette, such a lovely use of the colours and you were so lucky to get that embossing folder, it's perfect for a top border. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Louise xx

Chrissie said...

I'm really sorry I'm so late in visiting, but last week completely got away from me.
This is so pretty Mynnette, I love the stamp and your treatment of it.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Gorgeous card, Mynnette! I love the embossing along the top and the torn frame. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Paula Knall said...

Such a pretty card Mynnette, I'm in love with embossing at the moment too :-). Thank you for joining us at CAS colours and Sketches. Paula xx

Deborah Smart said...

I just love how you used the embossing folders, Mynnette!Your card is beautiful, and I love your blog :)
(great sense of humour- the 'good kind of crafty!'
~Deborah from www.stampandcreate.net

N@ Ali said...

and it turned out to be the perfect touch, that dry embossing just dresses it up. lovely card! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )