Saturday, March 9, 2013

Blending tool time...

So, I finally got around to purchasing a blending tool.  I KNOW.  They've been around forever.  I KNOW.  They're amazing and I NEEDED one!  I just never could seem to remember to pick one up...and then I did the other day!  HOORAY!  So, I've got two cards to show you--my very first blending tool cards!

Here's the first card~

Details~





For these fabulous challenges~




This card uses stamps by Graphic 54, a key charm from my stash, rhinestone swirl by Prima, rose button by Recollections, glossy accents by Ranger, glitter gel pens by Sakura, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

It was so fun to play around with color on the blending tool--I've used Tempting Turquoise and Lucky Limeade for the sponged part of the panel.  I did some tone on tone stamping, stamped some images in black, and then added more color with the Sakura gel pens--they give great coverage over another color that is already there.  LOVE IT! :)  The glossy accents and other embellishments were then added.  I LOVE all the subtle and not so subtle swirls in almost every stamp that I used--even the tiny flowers and the gate pieces!  So pretty!

Here's the second card I made~

Details~





For these fabulous challenges~

(I was inspired by the flower motif & the turquoise.)
 


 

On this card I used liquid pearls by Ranger, gold glimmer mist by Tattered Angels, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

I decided to go more CAS this time around and see if I could succeed with blending and this style.  Did I?  I don't know...what do you think?

I used 3 colors to create a gradiated background of color blocks this time.  From bottom to top: Lucky Limeade, Summer Starfruit, & Tempting Turqouise.  I inked up the flower stamp with markers, spritzed it with the glimmer mist, and stamped it directly to the panel.  I love the watercolor effect it gives!  I then added a sentiment and another few spritzes of glimmer mist to make the colors blend together a bit more.  A few strips of paper and ribbon to anchor the flowers finished the card off.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek!  I do hope you like my first attempts at blending!  I will practice so that I get better and hope to have it nailed down soon!  I hope you join in these fabulous challenges and create something fabulous today!  HUGS, and happy stamping! :)

18 comments:

Katy said...

Both of these are gorgeous! You did an awesome job using the blending tool for the first time-congrats on getting one! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Wow these are so pretty Mynnette! Your secret garden card is just dreamy. Hope you have a great weekend ;)

Shirley said...

I know that exciting feeling Mynnette of using a blending tool for the first time, pure bliss.

Both cards are adorable, love the little boy and the flowers are soooo pretty.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Suze Bain said...

Two gorgeous cards Mynnette. You've created a fabulous scene in the first one and those shimmery flowers and band of ribbon on the second are fab. Xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Both of your cards are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Rocky said...

They're gorgeous, the second card is my favourite, are you sure they're your first attempt?! Yes I think you could say you did succeed with the blending tool, great job!

Unknown said...

OHHH These are beautiful! You will LOVE your blending tool. I can't live without mine! Love the scene you created in the first one. The second one is so soft and romantic. Love those colors! Have a good week. I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow for my trip!!!

Lindsay said...

Such lovely cards! So so springy! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Friday's!

Sarah said...

Gorgeou cards Mynette, love the colours and details. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Springtime challenge x

Deb said...

These cards are awesome! I love all of the elements on the first card and your blending is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lili said...

Gorgeous cards! Your blending is great. Love your interpretation of the challenge. The pearls on the second card are a great touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! Your cards are stunning. Great job using the blending tool. I wish I could have my cards turn out like this.

alethea said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles! Hugsxx

Shelley said...

Both cards are amazing. Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge, Shelley xx

Kim said...

gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles! Kim x - DT

Yvonne Garner said...

I can see you are enjoying the blending tool! Both cards are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at FSC!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love the beautiful colors and great stamping. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week.... :)

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE both of your cards!

Thanks for joining us at FSC
xxx ELLIE xxx