Saturday, March 23, 2013

52CCT: Ribbon & Bows

Do you like using ribbons and bows to create?  Well, I don't like making bows, but I'm getting better at it as I practice!  This week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown we'd like to see all your holiday creations garnished with ribbon and at least one bow!

Here's the challenge~

My card~

Details~





I've used a darling image by Pure Innocence, a sentiment by Papertrey Ink, rhinestones by Prima, patterned paper by DCWV, liquid pearls by Ranger, glitter gel pens by Sakura, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up! (yes--even that "punch" for my sentiment--see how to do it HERE).

This is my first time using a stamp like this that wasn't digital.  I bought it at my local craft store after Christmas at a steal and it was sitting there sad and unused--I had to play with it!  I adore paper piecing and so I did her coat and hat up with some liquid pearl accents and glitter gel pens.  I thought this image was great because not only do I have ribbon and a bow on my card, but the image has packages tied up with ribbons and bows as well!  I was really inspired by the colors in the inspiration photo as well--it got translated into this card!

Thanks for stopping by--please do join us!  And please also stop by and say hello to the other gals on the DT--they've got gorgeous creations to share with you as well!  Merry stamping, friends! :)

10 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Mynnette, another gorgeous card - so pretty and festive, stunning colours too - Jacqueline xx

Deborah Frings said...

Oh she's absolutely beautiful! I love her pretty coat and hat set, and the sparkle on the parcels. Love all the details too! Fab!

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Mynnette, what an adorable image! I think your bow is gorgeous too.
Louise xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loving your paper piecing of this adorable image and your oh so pretty sparkly bits. Hugs, Lesley

Lisa Elton said...

Mynnette this is the cutest image, I love PI stamps! Your card is delightful, the gem flourishes and DPs are fabulous!!

Fabiola said...

super jolie Mynnette, très girlie et bling bling, biz

Bev said...

A very cute card. I love the traditional colours

Bev x

sarahstone said...

I love all the jewel flourishes, Mynnette. Pretty card!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh so much fun to see you do a layered and embellished card Mynn!! I am amazed at the depth you created on this beauty. I love the flourishes and the flowers with the sparkly centers - oh and the darling image too. Sooooo very beautiful!

Ruth M said...

Such a sweet image Mynn and a beautiful card! I love the paper piecing - I'd like a matching coat & hat like that LOL! Lovely colours and the rhinestone flourishes add such a special touch!
Ruth x