Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sunflower

Well, it's seriously been a long time since I did a "just because/enter a challenge" post.  For those of you who know me, I schedule all my DT posts, so I feel like it's been ages since I actually blogged something in general!  BUT, I've finally taken a break from making my April DT cards to make something just because.  Take a look...

Here's my creation~

Details~




The inside~


For these fabulous challenges~




I started out with a NEW stamp from Hot Off the Press and stamped it in Staz-on black ink.  It looked so pretty.  It needed to be done up right.  SO, I colored it in with my Stampin' Up! markers, spritzed it with gold glimmer mist by Tattered Angels, smeared the blue and brown to create a more earthy feel, then let it dry for just a bit.  After it was almost dry (about 85%) then I ran it through my Sizzix purse in a Swiss Dots Sizzix folder.  This is one of my FAVORITE techniques to jazz up an image.  SO fun and it turns out differently every single time!  I also think it makes the background look more realistic--doesn't it look like there are clouds?  LOVE it! :)

I added the red pearls (thank you RUTH!) to the corners to bring in some red to match the paper, but the image needed one more little extra--I chose a button.  I thought about a brown one for the center, but it was too much.  In the end, I chose a small yellow one to accent the pot.  The center of the button has gold pipe cleaner in it to mimic a real flower center.  I then added it to my tri-fold treat holder!

I scored this so that it would hold a chocolate bar and I also decorated the inside with a space to write a little note.  I think once I put the chocolate bar in it, I might add some Velcro rounds to keep it closed. Voila!  Ready to take to someone who might need a little pick-me-up!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  It's SO nice to see you here and I'm SO glad that I finally got to enter some challenges!  I hope you join in the fun with me!  HUGS and happy stamping! :)

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

LOVE the polka dots Mynnette - it's a gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

Jacqueline said...

OOOps - should have said thanks for playing along this week at ATSAM!!! - J xx

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect delightful just for fun card Mynnette! Lovin the polka dots ;)

jan farnworth said...

what a pretty sunflower card thanks for sharing at abc challenges.

Florence said...

Hi Mynnette. Hope all is well. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M Challenge this week. Have a great weekend.
Florence x

Kylie said...

Hi Mynnette, it is so good to see that you have created a 'just because' card. It's so nice to be able to get away from the DT cards every now and then. I love that technique that you have used - very cool!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Hello dear friend, I'm so glad that you were able to find some just because time to craft! I know for me lately that doesn't happen very often either and I know how good it feels when it does :o) I really love the pink polka dot background on your lovely card and the way it opens. BEAUTIful!! Thanks so much for joining us at both ABC Challenges and ATS&M this week. Hugs D

Patty Gorka said...

Hi Mynnette! I love this card and especially how you have the inside done and the sunflower image is colored so nicely. I love your cards :)

Thanks for playing along with us this week at ABC Challenges!