Sunday, March 24, 2013

Scenic Art Journaling

Hi, friends!  I've been following along with Clare's amazing Art Journaling Classes but I missed one--OOPS!!!  So, I had to fix that this weekend!  Her video this time around was about creating a scene.  I was a bit intimidated, but Clare does a great job on her videos so I think I might have succeeded and that this project will be framed and put in my home or given as a gift!  Thanks, Clare!!!

Here's what I came up with~

Details~

Can you see the splatter from the water & glimmer mist?

Better detail of the bubble wrap stamping. LOVE this!

Authentique paper roses for some flora.

Torn paper hills with fern stamped over them.

Paper pieced birch trees--a glorious image!

More roses.  I love this fabulous paper!

For these fabulous challenges~



This piece of artwork uses patterned papers from Recollections, Authentique, DCWV, and more from my stash that I'm unsure of.  These papers were used for landscape aspects.

For the sky, I used my blending tool by Ranger, Tempting Turquoise ink by Stampin' Up!, bubble wrap (my newest fave!), good old fashioned water, and some gold glimmer mist by Tattered Angels.  I tried out the drip technique with water and the glimmer mist, but it didn't work exactly right although I do love how it created "clouds" in the sky!  Water is an amazing way to create texture!

The trees and fern stamped images are by Clarity, the sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, and the glitter around the edges of things is by Studio 112.  I paper pieced the trees using white paper to show the amazing birch detail of them.  I LOVE how the white just POPS out at you!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  I hope you like what you see and that you're inspired to try something new today!  HUGS and happy art journaling!!! :)

11 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Your page is gorgeous and I do love that stamp! Been a bit poorly of late so haven't got to lesson four but is on the list for the Easter holidays. Thanks for joining in and glad you enjoyed the lesson. X

Becky said...

Beautiful job on this page, love the different design paper.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

GORGEOUS!!!! You are right, the water and bubble wrap really make this sky wonderful...totally mimics texture! Love your trees and paper scraps...cool! Beautiful scene! Thanks for playing in our watered down challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Lisa Elton said...

SHAZAM!! Great job on this Mynnette, you're a good student ;) Your birch trees are absolutley gorgeous ~ love them!

Pia S said...

WOW! What a great combination of patterns, papers, stamps and coloring techniques, and you've even managed to throw in some glitter too! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this, Mynnette - this is possibly my all time favorite amongst your huge selection of fantastic cards!

Candy C said...

Mynnette...your piece is beautiful! I love what you did with the sky ... the water and bubble wrap! What a neat effect! Your torn paper really makes some wonderful hills. Love the colors, patterns and interest those add! I adore the birch trees. Your sentiment is one of my favorites...so much truth in it! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us. That will make a beautiful framed piece in your home or a lovely gift! <3 Candy

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful scene in great colors. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Ellie Knol said...

Really love this! Gorgeous paperpiecing!

Zippy said...

This is beautiful, fantastic paper piecing xxx

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautifully composed Mynn! I love birch trees and yours look so realistic. Thank you for joining us at FSC!

Deborah Frings said...

Mynnette - this is absolutely lovely! I really like the texture and super image. Love, love the roses!