Thursday, March 14, 2013

CAS Digression: A "Just Because" Post

I had some time to play around the other day with some fun "stickers" that I bought on sale/clearance at Michael's.  I made another card with them HERE as well.  I decided to go the CAS route again, but each time I made a new card in the trio, I noticed that they got more CAS.  I guess it's because I was using scraps that I "digressed", but I thought it would be fun to write a post and show you my "CAS Digression."

Here are all the cards together~

The apple card was made first, then the strawberry card, then the cherry card.  Can you see the "digression"?  Let's take a closer look at each card...

Here's the first card I made~

Details~




This card had a lot more work put into it than the other two will.  I pierced a frame around my main white panel before backing it with red.  I used a digi sentiment that I created by myself and then layered it with punches.  I added some ribbon and the "sticker".  Voila!  This card took me about 20 minutes to make.

Here's the second card I made~

Details~




This one was a bit simpler.  No paper piercing, just a simple punched border and some twine to accent the stamped sentiment and "stickers" and a simple green mat.  This card took me about 10 minutes to make.

Here's the third and last card I made~

Details~




Way simple.  Stamped sentiment, added "sticker", added ribbon and bow, matted and put on card.  Voila! 5 minutes or less--seriously.

So, I think that this little experiment helped me feel more comfortable with CAS cards!  What will you do to "practice" today?  I hope you share it!  Thank you so much for stopping by--I just noticed I'm over 300 followers!  Thanks!  HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

PS: I got my NEW Stampin' Up! stash yesterday and have put it away--finally got a second ink caddy!  Hooray for more organization!  Be looking for cards using my new goodies soon!!! :)

6 comments:

Nonni said...

These are all totally cute and lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

These are super cute Mynnette! What a great find the fruity stickers were. Hope your enjoying a lovely day ;)

Pia S said...

These cards are just "fruitilicious", Mynnette! And you've chosen such great matching sentiments for eaxh fruit type too!

Fabiola said...

tout simplement superbes!!!! j'adore, biz

Rossella said...

Yes they may be simple but they are really pretty and well designed.
Rosie x

Anonymous said...

I love the apple card but they are all berry sweet!
Pearl x