Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Experimenting

So, I've been experimenting with some new techniques and I have to say I am rather pleased with the results!!!  I've made two cards today using the "new to me" technique of LAYERED EMBOSSING.  Basically, you emboss in one color and then emboss over the top with another.  BUT--you have to be really careful or else the embossing spreads and looks weird.

Here's the first card I made using this technique~

Details~





For these fabulous challenges~


 

(Use hearts in your project)

I've used stamps by Hero Arts and Martha Stewart, a punch by Martha Stewart, a heart rhinestone by Studio 112, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

To create my background paper, I stamped the lined primrose stamp in black and then punched out some red hearts.  I glued the red hearts in place with a glue stick and ran the panel through my Sizzix purse.  I love this technique and adore the texture it creates!  The rest of the card was easy peasy to make, too!  I heat embossed the red heart then heat embossed the black sentiment over the top.  Added some punches and gems, put it on the card!  Two fun ribbons finish this card off.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek!  I do hope you'll join in these fabulous challenges!  Thanks for following me and leaving all those sweet comments--I read each and every one of them!  I'm sorry I can't always come and repay the favor, but I do appreciate you!!!  Happy stamping, friends! :)

17 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Such a great job with this technique - love the red and black embossing! The flowers and hearts make a wonderful background :)

Katy said...

This is really pretty! I love the embossing technique you used! I also like the new blog look! :)

Unknown said...

What a neat effect! This card is beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

You did a great job with this technique Mynnette. I saw this on the PTI MIM and thought I might give it a go! Love your sweet polka dot heart and the dotted swiss embossing!

Becky said...

This is beautiful! Love the embossing and how you stamped the flowers.

Jacqueline said...

What a great technique - you did it really well - it's a beautiful card - Jacqueline xx

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous card Mynnette, I've never tried double embossing. I love the stamps you've used and the colour combo is so striking. Xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards! I saw a video on PTI and looks like a fun technique!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards this week at CCCB!! :-)

Pia S said...

Easy to make, perhaps, but not so easy to come up with the idea of such a fabulous design:) Great version of the color challenge indeed! I will definitely try the double embossing technique - it gives such a great result!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous! I adore the dotty embossed pattern and the pretty label. Great colours too!

Ros Crawford said...

This is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is lovely, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Karen Day said...

Very pretty card, Mynnette! I love the background paper you created - thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Vicki Burdick said...

wow this is stunning, love the BG you created as well as the layered embossing...Thanks so much for joining us on the Dynamic Duos.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!! See why you were chosen at DD!!!

Julie Misseri said...

so pretty!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the design. Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!