Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Is this the flu?

So, I didn't go to work today.  I couldn't sleep all night long because I was coughing each time I tried to lay down and then I have lots of fun drainage.  I had a slight fever and I just feel yucky.  I'm not too congested if I'm up, but I still feel lethargic and sick.  I didn't go to the doctor because I was having strange dreams that I couldn't wake up from and I didn't get up until 1:00pm.  The doctor can't see me today anyway.  I'm so tired.  I guess I'll go to bed early and pray I feel okay in the morning.  I just don't want to go if it's the flu...it feels more like bronchitis starting, but I'm not sure. UGH.  What do you think?  So, there's my pity party.  Sorry to invite you! ;)

I've got 2 more cards that I need to share with you.  They both use the fabulous sketch from Retro Sketches, so I'll do this post and one more quickly one after the other.

Here's my Valentine~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~

(I dry embossed the punch heart to the
white paper and heat embossed my sentiment.)



The small heart punch is by Martha Stewart, the sentiment is by Paper Smooches, the rhinestones are from my stash all by Studio 112 (I think?), the dry embossing folder is by Sizzix, the patterned paper is by Papertrey Ink, and the other sundries are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and take a peek!  Please come join these challenges and stay tuned for my last creation with this fabulous sketch!  Happy stamping! :)

15 comments:

Katy said...

So pretty! I hope you feel better soon! That's no fun :(

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous! I love the sketch and your fabulous design.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Awwww - sorry you are not feeling well, I hope you get better soon.

Your card is wonderful, looks like you put a lot of effort into it and it paid off.

Blessings,
Barb

Jacquel said...

Your cards are always so pretty Mynnette! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ ABC Challenges!!!!!

Holly Young said...

Oh Mynnette,,,,,,,we had that nasty flu here! It took SIX WEEKS for my husband to finally stop coughing! I hope you get well much much faster than that!

Love the card,,,,,so fresh and pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet card Mynnette and great use of the sketch, love the sentiment! Sorry you're under the weather, hope it passes quickly!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Mynnette and love the sentiment. So sorry you're feeling so bad; hope you feel better really soon. Thanks so much for joining us at A2CAS.

Karen x

Linda Beeson said...

What a fun use of that sketch.

Loll said...

Hi Mynnette! So sorry to hear you're not feeling well ... definitely sounds like the flu to me so maybe you should stay home tomorrow as well.

I love the card. So sweet with the heart embossing done on the white background. Love, love, love that checked DP ... and the rhinestones are such a perfect finishing detail. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll xx

Lela said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! You did great with the challenges, very cute CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

Danielle Vincent said...

Hello dear lady, I hope by now you are feeling much, much better. Fabulous card as always and of course I love your touches of bling :o) Thanks for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges. Hugs to you. D

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a pretty card. I hope you're feeling better now!

Thank you for participating in the photo inispiration challenge at ABC Challenges this week!

Patrice said...

Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-23.html?m=1

Ger said...

Hope you're feeling better. Lovely Valentine card! Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges

Rosie Gustafson said...

Very cute card, love the CAS look. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges this week. Xx Rosie