Saturday, January 12, 2013

I have such good friends...

Well, I just have to say that I have such good friends!  The BEST, in fact!  That includes all of YOU. ;)  I have a friend that lives down the street with her husband and three darling children.  Since we don't have children due to infertility issues, she lets us have her kids any time we want.  I know what you're thinking--she's getting the better end of the deal.  Nope.  She loves her kids.  They're great kids, actually!  She just knows that I love children and want them.  She's helping me have the opportunity to be a mother.  I appreciate that.

Another thing about her that I appreciate is that she just gave me some stamps that she's had for a few years because she has never used them and doesn't have room for them anymore.  3 of the 4 sets I already have so I'll pay it forward (maybe BLOG CANDY when I reach 300 followers?!) but the other one is a stamp set that I have LONGED for!!!  How awesome is that?!

The point?  Oh, right.  I used the set to make my card that I'm about to share with you!!!  It's from Stampin' Up! and it's called "Just Believe."  Like I said, I've wanted this set for a L O N G time!!!

Here's the card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~




Like I said, the floral stamp is from the "Just Believe" set by SU!.  Actually, everything on this card is by Stampin' Up! except the dry embossing folder with is by Sizzix.

Thanks for stopping by and indulging in my increase in personal information, lol!  I don't do it very often on this blog, but I do once in a while.  Hope that's cool. Please come and play along with these amazing challenges!  Happy stamping! :)

25 comments:

Marina said...

I love the stamping over the embossing, Mynette. That's a great sketch from Addicted to Stamps and you've used it well to make a beautiful card.
Marina

Naomi said...

Beautiful card Mynette. I love the embossing.
Thanks for joining us @ Feeling Sketchy this week :)

Danielle Vincent said...

I love this stamp set too and you've made a fabulous card with it! Can't wait to see what else you do :o) Hugs D

Shaunagh @ Home and Hobbies said...

Such a lovely card. :-)
Thanks for joining Feeling Sketchy this week!

Pia S said...

It's a beautiful take on the sketch and color combo! The image looks lovely on the embossed background! I don't have any kids either, but I'm so lucky to have 4 nephews, from the age of 4 to 17, and I get to borrow them from time to time too!

Nonni said...

Really beautiful, Mynnette! Looks wonderful that you've stamped your image on embossed background -I wonder if I could CASE your idea... :) Thanks for joining us at ATSM Challenge this week!

Kylie said...

This is a beautiful card, Mynnette! I love that you have used a stamp that you have wanted for such a long time and have used it so well! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Suzi B said...

A very pretty card Mynnette, love the colours and the embossing!
Suzi B xx

Kim x said...

How lovely to 'borrow' some children for a while. No matter how good they might be I'm sure that your friend appreciates the break, and you get some good times too :O)
The card is fab by the way.
hugs Kimx

sandie said...

Gosh, I love this and you have inspired an idea, if it pans out I Will let you know. Goodness I am excited to go and get inky now so thank you!

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Mynette, wow you are such a lucky person to have amazing friends who invite you into their family...what a special person you must be :) I love your card, love the embossing and the stamping. THanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy this week :)
Michelle

KraftyKim said...

Great card! It has given me some much needed inspiration for my next card - thank you. Great blog too. x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Best wishes
Margaret, Feeling Sketchy DT
Sydney, Australia

Fabiola said...

oh wouah! superbe combo, les couleurs les motifs, tout est superbe, biz

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card and what a sweet friend!

Suze Bain said...

Oh Mynnette, I bet your friend appreciates you just as much as you do her! A beautiful card, I love how you've split the image. Xx

Becky said...

What a wonderful card, and how sweet that you have a chance to care for her wonderful children.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Mynnette! I love how you broke up the stamped image and then added the bling embellishment! Very creative.
- Shauna

Katy said...

So pretty! You've been busy! :)

stressfreestamping said...

I love the embossing over the stamped flowers, Mynette. That is one of my favorite techniques! It really adds to the card. I love the bling too. Love me some bling! Thanks for playing with us at ATS&M! I always enjoy seeing your work.

Karen Day said...

Just lovely, Mynnette! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with using this set. Glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Mynette! Beautiful stamping and embossing. Thank you for joining us at ATSAM. Sue x

Vicki Burdick said...

awesome card, love that sketch and you used the colors perfectly. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mynette! I love the layout and the blinged out details. So glad you joined us again this week at Dynamic Duos! I'm always so inspired by your creations. :)

Rosemary said...

beautifully done!!