Monday, January 28, 2013

Make My Monday: One For The Boys

Whew.  Masculine cards are HARD, you know?!  Luckily, I found the perfect digi in my printed stack and it was FATE!  Oh, I guess I should tell you that this week at Make My Monday we'd like to see you make ONE FOR THE BOYS!!!  I've gone monochromatic and steampunk, friends.

Here's my card~

Details~



I used the digi found HERE, stamps by Pink Paislee, eyelets from my stash, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

I am SO PROUD of this card.  It was so hard for me to fix on what to make and I think that I definitely succeeded.  Sorry to toot my own horn, but I am just so darned happy with myself!  I was going to bow out of this one due to lack of inspiration, but then I saw the digi and the houndstooth paper and it was on.  This could be used for any number of reasons, but maybe a graduation card--that was the suggestion on the site that I got the digi from.

 Thanks for taking time out of your day to come and visit me!  I really appreciate it!  I hope you have a little more time to come and play along with us this week!  And go see the other fabulous inspiration that the other DT members have for you, too!  Happy stamping! :)

12 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Mynnette, you should be proud indeed! Such a handsome card, perfectly designed. Bravo!

sandie said...

I think you deserve to toot your own horn! It is a funky, perfect guy card and I am off to check that digi site as I need to make a guy card and have been putting it off!

Fliss said...

Fab card Mynnette. Love the monochrome dog tooth background and great to see you going steampunk too.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Jacqueline said...

Well done on such a fab card Mynnette, love the hound's tooth paper - Jacqueline xx

Lisbeth K said...

Woooooow!!!! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Mynnette I'm so glad you stuck with this challenge and created this card! It is a fantastic masculine card and you should be proud of it!
Hugs my dear friend. I hope you are feeling better.
Ellen

Deborah Frings said...

You're right to feel proud of this card - it's lovely. Great colours and I adore the elements. Love the eyelets!

Carole said...

You rocked it like a punker...HEHEHE
Seriously love the hardware you should toot your horn, I'll toot too.
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Carole said...

Oh yea I want to thank you for the link to that want ad...that's great.

Becky said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colors and design..

Vicky Hayes said...

Bowing out indeed! Thank goodness you didn't Mynnette - this is inspired! I love a card that tells a story. Vicky x

Suzi B said...

Fabulous card Mynnette, great images. Thanks for the link have grabbedba few. :)
Suzi B xx