Saturday, January 26, 2013

More inky goodness...

I've really been having fun playing around with getting inky!  It's something NEW for me--but as you all know, I LOVE learning new things!!!  I guess you'd say it's kind of something I'm known for...do you guys see where this is going?  Those of you who play along at Simon Says Stamp and Show probably do!!!

Here's one of my newest inky creations~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~

(Trying NEW things.)

(Not technically a challenge--but challenging for me!)


This was a totally new thing for me.  I don't have gesso as specified by Clare so I substituted some shimmery craft paint and painted over my old book page (it was first adhered to a piece of white card for more stability).  I then stamped some circle borders by Papertrey Ink up and down the whole panel.  After that, I added some circle themed washi tape and some punched patterned papers from my scrap drawer--all polka dotted!  This was so much fun!  My hands were absolutely filthy afterwards and I LOVED it!!! ;)

Here's another inky creation that I made this weekend~


Details~








For these fabulous challenges~

(Carnation)



So here is my next set of pages for the ABC challenge going on at Craft Barn this year.  I've chosen to alter a very old "everyday" encyclopedia.  This time I chose "carnation" for the letter C.  I started by gluing the pages together as was suggested to me...but I kinda messed them up a little. Hopefully you can't tell, lol!  I then used the same shimmer paint to mute the text a little.  I added some stamped images by Stampin' Up! and some random sentiments by various companies and then added some digital prints from Eclectic Anthology behind stamped acetate frames to protect the prints--the acetate is held in place by washi tape.  I also highlighted the definition and added some random glitter glue and liquid pearls.  Once again, utterly filthy hands and loving it!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to indulge in my new found inkiness!  I hope you've been inspired to join in these amazing challenges and that you try something new today, too!!!  HUGS and happy stamping! :)

18 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

I'm loving all of this inkyness Mynnette - gorgeous! You should also be able to link the top one to another challenge that has the theme of circles right now

http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Karen x

Deborah Frings said...

I did a class last year on creating an art journal - it was so messy, but so much fun. I love what you've created here - it's a wonderful way to spend some time!

Katy said...

I love your card and how you incorporated all of the things are you are known for (plus pretty cards!) and I love you art journal! It's so fun! :)

Pia S said...

By looking at your card I can tell you must have had a fun time making it! I admire cards that look kind of messy and randomly put together, but still are nice and pleasant to look at. This is just that kind of card. Well done!

Clare Lloyd said...

wonderful page, thanks for joining us. love your altered dictionary too. off to look at the technique tues blog. x

Kathyk said...

Fab projects, looks like you had a ball making them too!

Kathyk

Maggie said...

Lovely projects, Such a pretty page for Carnation great choice for the Alpha challenge

Karen said...

Very pretty pages Mynnette! Thank you for joining us over at The Craft Barn x

Elaine said...

Great pages - love your carnations and the overall design!

Céline said...

fab design
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
hugs
céline

Unknown said...

Fab art work , lovely images, and colours..
Thanks for joining us at Happy Campers x

Suzanne C said...

Lovely projects. Love that trying new things is what you are known for! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Annie said...

You're catching on to this "new" stuff like you're the only one knows its new to you! Both these projects are beauties for sure!

Elena V. said...

nice colors!!

Scrapmate said...

Nice choice of C word.

Pattie G said...

What a great project for our challenge at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge!
Thanks for joining us and good luck…

Pattie
Artist
at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

Kathryn said...

Fabby creations x thanks for joining us at happy campers xx

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'Altered OR Recycled' Challenge #60!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!