Friday, July 27, 2012

Feeling Fruity!

***UPDATE: THE STAMP SET IS CALLED "FRESH FRUIT" AND IT'S BY FISKARS!!!***
***WARNING: SUPER DUPER PHOTO HEAVY...ALL CUTE...ENJOY!!!***

Yep!  I am!  Why?  Well, I had a very good day...I've been trying not to spend too much money on stamping supplies, but when I went to JoAnn's for some supplies and their stamps were 40% off!!!! And I've been looking for a fun fruit set...guess what?!  Yep!  JoAnn's + Fruit Set = MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!!!!

Here's what I found (for only $7)
I've already put it in a CD case...~

Yep!  And then I had a fabulous visit with a friend and my DH came home and we had some together time.  We haven't had a chance to talk a lot and so we had a good long chat. :)  But then I got to use some of my amazing new stamps to make 2 sets of darling one layer fruit cards--so fun and summery!!!

Here's the first set--Citrus Fruits!!!

Orange & details~



Lemon & details~



Lime & details~



Well, as you can see, I used rhinestones and glossy accents to jazz these up a bit.  And because I had so much fun masking, I did another set!!!

Here's the second set--Fun Fruits!!!

Berries & details~



Melons & details~



Pears & details~



Oh my gosh, SO FUN!!!  Now, I want to share a little tip with y'all.  KEEP YOUR MASKS.  I put my clear and cling sets into CD cases, and you can just add your masks to that and keep them for future use.

See~

Huzzah!!!!  LOVE this set--I think you may see a bunch more of it soon! ;)  I'll be giving these cards away to a special friend--the same friend that I had a lovely visit with this afternoon! :)  I think my favorite one is the watermelon one...which is ironic, because I abhor watermelon!!!

I'd like to enter these cards into these fabulous challenges~


(I find fruit very summery--especially citrus!)


Thanks for stopping by--I hope you like my little cards!  They make me so happy and I adore them!  Happy stamping and see y'all soon! :)

20 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! How lucky you are!!!
Congratulation!!!!
Your cards are amazing! Good job!!!

Tara Cardwell said...

I've got that set somewhere.... I really must get my stamp index sorted!
I love your glossy citrus.
Tara
x

Bev Gomez said...

Oh Mynette, these cards are darling. Yes I want to sleep more this morning too after all that activity. Have a good day I need to get another cup of Joe. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog darlin.
Hugs, Bev

Marlena M. said...

Mynnette, these are DELISH. What is the brand called? Such a great set!

Ardyth said...

Wow! This is truly a feast! I love all your cas creations (although I confess to loving the watermelon best - I think it's the pink and green together that gets me). And I see that you are the queen of crystal effects (none on my egg yolk - thanks for your kind comments on my blog!). I'm so glad you've played along with CASology this week!

Lisa Elton said...

What a bargain Mynnette and an adorable one at that! Very cute set of fun summery fresh cards. Glad you had a good day with your friend and hubs ;)

Deanna said...

Oh Mynnette!
I love these card sets! They are so awesome. Perfect summer cards! Great Find!

Rosemary said...

lovin' all your perfectly CAS and fruity themed cards, mynnette!! so glad you played along with CASology this week!

Darnell said...

Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute ... did I get them all? These are so precious!!

Victoria said...

What fabulous sets of cards!

Melissa said...

Hmmm...wonder if my JoAnn's has such a set?! Those are too cute!!! Better not go look or I'll get myself into trouble!

Love the gloss on the fruit and the perfect CAS design you created! Thanks so much for joining us again at CASology! :)

Karen Petitt said...

They are gorgeous Mynnette! I so wish, I think, that we had a JoAnn's here. Although we would probably be much poorer but these stamps are so darling - uber cute! I can't believe they were only $7! Mwah, want them! Beautiful cards - the glossy accents is perfect for them. You're not the only one I can't stand any of the melon family of fruits - yuck! Have a lovely weekend Karen x

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow where to begin, all of your fruity cards are so lovely. Your stamp set is a score. Love the Glossy Accents it gives the fruits such pizazz. Thank you so much for playing with us at CASology this week.

Karen Dunbrook said...

Don't you just love a great find....great cas cards...

coldwaters2 said...

Wow these are amazing I adore the clean and simple style the image look so juicy and tasty super work, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty sentiments this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Couple of great sets of cards! AND, yep - fruit = summer! Nice price on the stamps too~

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh Man these are awesome! I don't have much for fruit stamps - might have to go visit Joanns today and see if I can find myself a $7 bargain too - LOL. I can't believe that you ever struggled with CAS because you have definitely got it down pat now!

Jenni's Jems said...

These are brill and can see why you had so much fun with them ! x

Cheryl said...

Mynnette,

These are so "sweet"! I love the glossy accents. It really makes your fruit shine.

Shelby said...

Love all of the different colors and fruit you've used and the glossy accents are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

Shelby