Monday, July 2, 2012

A rare post...

***WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY...AND WORDY...
...AND A BIT LINK HEAVY...JUST, BE CAREFUL***

Yeah, I know.  I'm hilarious!  It's not rare at all for me to post!  Or to have some crazy warning about lots of photos, etc...BUT it is rare for me to post a handmade card for Word Art Wednesday!  Usually I make a digital print over on my digital artwork blog, My Uni-verse, but this time I've created a special digi to share with you all!  Let's take a look at the EASEL card I made.  That's right.  I finally made one!  Rare post indeed!

Here's the card~


Details~








For these fabulous challenges~



F-Sketchy 14


What do you think of my very first easel card?  I rather like it!  I can't believe I thought it would be too hard for me to try!  If you think this, TRUST ME.  If I can make it, anybody can!!!!  I've used papers by Stampin' Up! and Pink Paislee, ink by SU!, rhinestones from the dollar section somewhere and ribbon from SU!  Oh, and a darling fabric flower by Basic Grey!  AND, I've used the faux pressed flowers technique that was featured last month at Technique Tuesday.  Stop by there tomorrow for a brand spakin' new monthly technique challenge--it's a goodie! 

Oh, I almost forgot, I promised you the free digi!  Yes.  I did!  I made it by me own wee self!  If you fancy it, take it for your own stash! ;)

Here it is~

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be making a digi print, as well, and posting my thoughts on this scripture over at My Uni-verse.  I hope to see you there, too!  Happy stamping, friends!

19 comments:

Annmaree of Oz said...

Hi Mynnette!

Wonderful card, love the great font and sentiment! Very classy and love the easel card, awesome take on the Sketch, Thanks heaps for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

Unknown said...

Your work is amazing, I just love this, its my pleasure you like my freebie and want to use it. My freebie are all of you to enjoy so gran those with out any hesitation :)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This is a sweet and beautiful card, lovely color and design. Thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog. Hugs

Jenny Marples said...

Way hay! Loving the easel card. Methinks we are going to be seeing a few more of these in future?! Thanks for the freebie and for sharing your talent. Always appreciated. Hugs, Buttons x

Karen Letchworth said...

OK Mynnette: You've been holding out on us!!! For a girl who really doesn't "do paper projects", this is absolutely STUNNING. I am absolutley in LOVE with this. The scripture is gorgeous, the details are out of this world, and you just made this card POP right off the page. You have impressed me SO much, and I really hope you will start making more paper projects. I'm not just saying this, Mynnette, it is GORGEOUS. I am SO grateful to have both of your entries this week at Word Art Wednesday, and you are SUCH a blessing to us. Please know how much we appreciate you!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Victoria said...

An absolutely stunning first easel card!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Mynnette! The litte flowers and rhinestones looks terrific together! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Wendy Swenne said...

Wow, Mynette. This is such a beautiful card! There is so much to see on it. I just have to keep looking to discover new things. Love the colors and all the embellishments.

Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW!

Wendy

Jacqueline said...

Stunning easel card Mynnette - I love making them too - Jacqueline xx

Jessica Theodore said...

Super sweet card, love the soft colours and pretty embellishments. Great take on the sketch thanks so much for joining us at feeling-sketchy xx

Eret said...

Welcome to easel family :) This is my favorite card folding type. I love your word-art and color combo of the card. It looks so delicate. So gorgeous card.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back again :)
Hugs, Eret

Sue said...

That's a lovely card, Mynette. The word art is great! Sue x

Mrs A. said...

Wow!! Your first easel card is a real stunner. Beautifully made. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa Elton said...

Mynnette this is just gorgeous my friend and your digi sentiment...magnificent! Have a safe and blessed holiday ~ HUGS!!

Vicky Hayes said...

You've made a lovely design with this scripture and it looks wonderful on your easel card too. The colours are fabulous and the embossing gorgeous and the gems perfectly placed! Oh and I forgot - happy July 4th! Enjoy your celebrations! Vicky x

Belinda Scott said...

A stunning card, well done on your first easel card, something I have never made :)

Jess S said...

This is so beautiful! I love your little digi, and all the details in the card. Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Mynnette what an amazing card. It is so beautiful, and the colours are glorious. I hope you will join in again with us at Feeling Sketchy :)
Michelle

Unknown said...

Lovely card Mynnette, the sentiment is gorgeous. love annie