Monday, July 16, 2012

Last one, I promise! PLUS--the problem with Picasa...

Okay, I had a reader ask what problems I had with Picasa that frustrated the heck out of me this weekend. So, I'll touch on that at the end of this post as it does effect each Blogger blog!  But first, I'm sure you're all incredibly glad, this is my last summer fun digi submission!  Well...for now! ;)

Here's my card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~

(free digi found HERE)



This image reminded me of my mother--she is a gardener through and through!  I knew that I had to create this card that I will give to her!  She spends her entire spring, summer, and autumn creating an amazing garden of flowers and edibles and then shares it with those around her.  This is the best side of summer I know!!!

I hope that you like this card--I colored this darling image in with SU! markers and then added some bits of glitter glue to add some fun.  The rhinestones were an after thought--I wanted something to represent sunshine, and this is what came to me! :)

Okay, I've just had a very stressful, blog related incident this past weekend and I want to share it with you all so you don't have the same thing happen to you.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when you upload pictures to your Blogger blog, they are stored on Picasa. Which isn't necessarily bad. Except when you reach your 1 GB limit. Like I did...I was told I couldn't upload any more pictures to my blog!!! Which kinda requires pictures...

So, what was I supposed to do?!  I stayed up way late early into the morning trying to figure something out.  My DH was on our other computer searching for any helpful info, too.  Because here's the thing--they want you to PAY for storage space once you're out!  And I am NOT willing to do that...

This is what I did--I made another Google account and moved all my pictures there.  I now have another GB of storage.  BUT--my DH found an even better solution.  IF your picture is under 2048 px by 2048 px then it doesn't count towards your limits.  Limits found HERE and the rule about getting around them is found HERE.  So, from now on, I will be editing my photos to be under that limit.  And I shouldn't have any issues!

Thanks for stopping by--I hope you come and join in these fabulous challenges and that you can figure out Picasa, too!  Also, please enter my BLOG CANDY and come and join me at Technique Tuesday too!  Happy stamping!!! :)

11 comments:

carol said...

wonderful creation, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFT x carol

Victoria said...

Absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful sentiment for me to sleep on!

Unknown said...

Morning Mynette. Lovely card/s you have made. This is a cute one for sure. Congrats on your 200 followers and oh I wish at this moment I lived in your country for the wonderful goodies...take care..luv annie

Lisa Elton said...

Ooo she's a sweetie Mynnette! Love your design and those sparkly gems! Thanks for the photo info too ;)

Anonymous said...

great card! The image is adorable. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at DigiHaven and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

Jeannie said...

Another beauty! Love the rhinestones! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Fun in the Sun at Digi Haven (again...hehe).

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sandy Trefger said...

Love it! Such a cute digi image and your coloring is fab! Rhinestones really add to it all. Again, thanks for playing at Digi Haven!
Sandy
sandy's crafty creations

Danielle Vincent said...

Darling card! Thanks so much for the info too - I've printed it for future reference.

Aunty Sue said...

Just lovely , Thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT this week

Valerie said...

absolutely beautiful card! Wow...thanks for the heads up about blogger and picasa. I had no idea! I use lots of pics too! I left a blogging site to come to blogger because I didn't think I had to resize them and that was the issue with the other site. Geez...it's time consuming to do that!

Karen said...

Great card for your mother, she'll love it. TFS at Digi Haven.