Monday, July 23, 2012

Fairies...

***WARNING: PHOTO HEAVY.  
LITERALLY A TON OF PHOTOS.***

So, I don't do fairies.  I really don't.  Not sure why, exactly, but it's just not something I DO.  BUT, when I saw this free digital stamp over at the Graphic's Fairy, I immediately knew I had to use it!  I've made a set of four cards.  I'll show you each of them, so this post will be incredibly photo heavy...bear with me! :)  I'll start with my least favorite and work to my favorite...you don't have to agree with me. ;)

First card & details~





Second card & details~





Third card & details~





Fourth card & details~





This set of cards for these fabulous challenges~




I started by coloring the images with watercolor pens and different inks.  After doing this, I sprayed them with my homemade glimmer mist and dried it with my heat gun until it was just a bit damp still.  After doing this, I dry embossed each one with a different embossing folder.  Then it I just had to attach my images to some cardstock and then place it on my embellished card fronts.  So easy, LOVE the effect!!!

Thanks for stopping by--I hope you like what you see!  Please join these fabulous challenges--happy stamping! :)

18 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The fourth is MY FAV!!! Love the colors on this one, so dreamy perfect for the whimsical fairy! Hope you have a splendid day :)

Victoria said...

Fabulous cards to showcase this image... I too love the fourth one with its rather marvellous colour combination :)

Sonia said...

Fabulous elegant cards:) Love the image,the embossing and the soft colors:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Karen Petitt said...

Hate to break it to you hun but you do do Faeries now! The final one is my favourite as I love the blue with the brown but they are all wonderful Karen x

Roxie said...

I like them all, for a non fairy user you did a great job, I really like the embossing.

Unknown said...

Lovely cards all of them. I can't pick the best as they are all the best..love annie.xx

Katy said...

These are all so pretty! I LOVE how you did that glittery embossed effect..I may be trying that very soon! I really like the plate that you used to make the embossed flower. And you had me at Washi tape! That is one of the best products! :) And I like your fairies! Well done! :)

Jeannie said...

These are all so magical and beautiful and I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Haven.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Elizabeth Hart said...

Your cards are all gorgeous - beautiful with the glimmer mist you used. Thanks so very much for joining us for the Gingerloft Challenge.

Jenny Marples said...

I love them all Mynnette. You really have a winner in this layout design, and I love the embossing/shimmer on the main images. Hugs, Buttons x

Berit Synnøve said...

Fabulous cards. Love the shimmer and layouts. Thanks for joining Gingerloft Challenge.
Hugs Berit

Jacqueline said...

Love ALL of these Mynnette - Jacqueline xx

Sandy Trefger said...

Mynette, Mynette, Mynette...I think you do fairies. LOL Seriously, gorgeous cards and love that free digi! Thanks for joining us again on Digi Haven!
~Sandy
sandy's crafty creations

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Wow you've been pretty busy with this image for someone who doesn't "do" fairies. LOL. Each card is lovely! Thank you for joining us again at Digi Haven. It's always fun to see your cards! ♥ Denise www.DigiHaven.Blogspot.com

Dana said...

These are really nice. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

Such beautiful cards. I love the image that you chose. All the colors of each card are so beautiful. Love the embossing. Make it really pop. Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge.

Karen said...

Mynnette fancy seeing you at Digi Haven again, LOL! Love seeing what you come up with. And I love that you don't do fairies, I really don't either, but your secret is safe with me! I love your homemade glitter mist, and I agree #4 TFS at Digi Haven.

Sherry said...

Lovely card,luv the effect you get when you emboss it. Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge. Hope to see you again.

Hugs,